All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Intrigues of the Sword Coast (Player/DM IC RP)
Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:49 am 
Associate DM

DM Arrakeen wrote:
Over a tenday ago Ragefast had to change the front door to his tower. If asked, the bald resident known for his questionable interest in wyverns would claim he had to resort to such action because someone had vandalised his door marking it with an odd drawing of an eye.

"Fear is a mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I'll face my fear. Only I'll remain." - F. Herbert

Remember: It's just a game. No need to get sad, angry or vengeful over it.

Lore of the 1352 Campaign
State of Affairs - 1352 - Year of the Dragon

Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:28 am 

*While headed back to the Helm and Cloak to her room, Elly would comment to the bouncer standing outside the Helm and Cloak entrance. The bouncer probably would have a pretty good view of Ragefasts dwelling.*

I see Ragefast has a new door. Looks expensive. I wonder why he bothered? *to the bouncer*

Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:42 pm 
Campaign Coordinator

Soubar

A tournament and fair was said to be held by the Ebon Blades based out of Soubar. It is said that both representatives of the Blacktalons Mercenary Company and the Flaming Fist Mercenary Company, peers in the wars against the undead of the past year, attended as well as many regional adventurers and Soubar locals. The event seems to have been a culmination of efforts by the Ebon Blades to try to put themselves and rustic Soubar on the map in the northern Western Heartlands.

Campaign State of Affairs - 1352 - Year of the Dragon

Unread postPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:49 am 
Associate DM

HappyDays wrote:
*While headed back to the Helm and Cloak to her room, Elly would comment to the bouncer standing outside the Helm and Cloak entrance. The bouncer probably would have a pretty good view of Ragefasts dwelling.*

I see Ragefast has a new door. Looks expensive. I wonder why he bothered? *to the bouncer*

DM Arrakeen wrote:
Bouncer chews his tobacco slowly "Old geezer sayin' them gotten painted over or sumthin' so he gotten new. But I ain't sure 'bout that," he shrugs. "Whyn't wash 'em n' save good money?"

"Fear is a mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I'll face my fear. Only I'll remain." - F. Herbert

Unread postPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:27 am 
Campaign Coordinator

An announcement is made that a Duchal Court hosted by the Grand Dukes of Baldur's Gate is to be held at the Duchal Palace in Baldur's Gate on the 15th of Mirtul six hours after mid-day.

-All organizations wishing to attend will only be able to bring two participants each, with one speaking and one only observing.
-Participating organizations must apply for their two spots before the court is held.
-It is also expected that all speakers need to send in their outlined speaking agenda to Grand Narhelm, Herald of the Grand Dukes of Baldur's Gate, before the court is held.
-Only two topics may be raised by each speaker in the interests of an orderly court.
-A open question and answer session may be held during the court, but only if the Grand Dukes decide it is prudent to do so.

The Grand Dukes will also have a special Baldurian advisor attending to brief the court on some recent developments.

((Duchal Court event to be held on Sunday, May 15 at 18:00 GMT at the Duchal Palace in Baldur's Gate. If your organization would like to have two attend, one as a speaker and the other as observing, please post your IC application at the link here (viewtopic.php?f=132&p=657765#p657765) in letter form addressed to Grand Narhelm, Herald of the Grand Dukes of Baldur's Gate, along with the applying speaker's outline of the two topics to be discussed.))

Unread postPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:15 am 
Associate DM

Mac wrote:
A local vigilante group seems to be growing in number. This group which is rumored to be the same one that is responsible for the beating of a dock work was seen leaving Lucky Aello's tailor shop in some haste. It is said that he has been complaining about a mirror the group vandalized and the attached bad luck that comes with it's breaking. A great miss fortune indeed for a man named Lucky. The group was later seen entering the temple of the Ilmateri in the eastern gate district. There seems to be little rumor of what transpired inside. It is however known that the group which had by now increased to a small mob were seen entering the Blushing Mermaid Tavern. Inside there was said to be a large bar fight and it is rumored that a local man may possibly have been abducted by the vigilantes.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:52 am 
Associate DM

DM Arrakeen wrote:
Rumor has it that a group of vigilantes broke into a small pastry and jam shop in the harbor district the other day. Allegedly the business has been a cover for some illegal activities. Fist and City Watch have been notified and brought to the scene where they secured some valuables.

Food supplies found at the shop were later delivered at the Orphanage as a donation. City Watch made sure that flour, jams, eggs, milk and other goods were checked and safe to utilize.

Among stolen belongings a group of children was found in a hideout behind the pastry and jam shop. Seven, unconscious younglings were brought by the concerned vigilantes to the Temple of Ilmater.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:58 am 
Associate DM

DM Arrakeen wrote:
The same group of vigilantes could have been seen around the city visiting Zachary's Barber Shop then Ragefast's tower. At some point, the small party disappeared inside the Inn in the Palace District only to reemerge moments later. They walked back to the Harbor and had a talk with City Watch and Fist's officers.

The crime scene from the last tenday has been cleared out, secured and for the time being sealed. It is rumored that City Watch offers some small rewards for anyone willing to produce information about the alleged jam-and-pastry seller. Said person of interest is described as an elderly woman with white hair arranged in a tight bun and a few burn scars on her hands.

The next day a small notice appears in Zachary's Barber Shop window reading: Services will not be provided to customers that do not follow basics of personal hygiene. Thank you.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:08 pm 
Campaign Coordinator

Duchal Court

Rumors fly of the Duchal court that was held yesterday in Baldur's Gate. Many groups came together to bring topics before the Grand Dukes of Baldur's Gate. Many topics were discussed from opening the northern trade roads, gathering orcish hordes, continued undead threats, gnomish assassins, rebuilding of Baldur's Gate, Kheldrivver, matters of trade and ongoing political relations.

A special guest was introduced at the end, Velsaert the Sage, loremaster of dragons. His words were brief but many courtiers whisper the mention of Tiamat.

More than a few courtiers remarked that Grand Duke Belt was in rare form. A particularly wild rumor also spreads of a sorted love affair in days past between Grand Duke Belt and Mag, owner of the Winding Way Tavern in Soubar.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:03 am 
Associate DM

Quote:
In a number of taverns across the Sword Coast, rough and ready individuals are seen trying to make bargains with other similarly unpleasant individuals. While normally this would not be a cause for concern, many of the men and women in question are often noted as having a particularly nasty looking tattoo on their neck line which a number of them take significant effort to hide.

Those in the know suggest that this is the sign of a cultish adherence. While cults of various dieties, darker entities and even sorcerers are hardly unknown in the Realms, what is notable is that a small number of these individuals have turned up dead within days of being spotted, often slain in a brutal fashion.

While no one knows exactly what the cultish adherents are searching for, it is suggested that they search for something with some urgency.