All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: One Duty may have been fulfilled, but many have just beg
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:57 am 

Closing her spellbook and scholastic journal, with a wide grin Hoihe takes her personal book and begins scribing.

"A breakthrough! This very moment I have solved the woe of these last two to three months, found the answer to the question that troubled me so difficult. To be Hoihe or to be Hoiha - that was the question. The answer lies not in the extremes, but in the amalgate of the two.

Let me explain, I must be going too quickly - such is how it is when the fey mood takes you unaware! See - for all the while now I was looking at transforming back as going back to exactly how I was as a man, with all the woeful traits being a woman alleviated - that is, skeltal structure, figure, melodic lilt, a better focus on my cheeks over my chin, the texture of my skin, more slender fingers - but no need. I can go back to a man and balance things to that I retain the benefical while discarding what is in the way.

Obviously, things would need heavy modification. The skeltal structure is prefered not due to the hips but rather the lighter bones, more akin to elven ones than human. My face would need some strengthening too, a strong reduction of my lips and eyelashes, a strengthening of my brow but it is all just details, details!

I'll worry about the details when I sit down to make the calculations. I will hire that gnome in the Palace district to make a portrait of me from up close and compare it against my old one then begin making alterations so it appears more ideal.

Furthermore, I have solved another question! Indeed - reading my own works have enlightened me with my former wisdom. I must woefully admit that my current preference to being a woman was supported by the fact that this way I will not accidentally condemn my heirs to the terrible fate of being between humanity and elves. I have seen a wide range of half-elves and have indeed found that some are nigh' indistinguishable from elves in both traits and looks.

So how did my former studies help? The dragon blood - that helped! Remember well how I have already manipulated my own bloodline, the thing my heirs would inherit. Remember well how I have amplified my dragon blood, and not just amplified it but have altered it so that I clearly belonged to the Silverstone clan. Indeed! I have modified the spell so I could potentially make money assisting nobility in adopting worthy sons and daughters while maintaining the bloodline.

Indeed! I could find with research the right ingredients to sire an elven child, or at least a half-elf who is overwhelmingly elven and none will be the wiser that it is in fact a solution of human and elven blood. I will need to start collecting data - I will need lots of data to find this answer!

I am currently lacking in personal power but how did I defeat the Coven of Darkness before? By playing on my strength - I am an orchestrator, a conductor a leader! I know a great many exceptional experts and know well how to earn each of their assistance. Indeed! I have already created a potential list of who to go to.

• Myself - the project head, the manager, the author of the 'Ritual of ideal appearance' and of the 'Ritual of bloodlines'.
  • Gabriela - My current mentor, she will be the main source of the ritual's success.
  • Kael - His understanding of the blood, once confirmed he can use it to build and willing, will allow him to do alone what took twelve before.
  • Maddy - Production of preservatives for the blood samples and analyzis of them according to my recipe
  • Medune - Collection of blood samples, help in understanding of anatomies.
  • Onna'Evatril - Education on elven lineages and assistance in testing - Identifying marks amongst generations of rats and rabbits, other rodents to keep track of bloodline alterations.
  • Elyssa - Talented transmuter, although a sorcerer she might prove a very good help.
  • Ithilwen - Proof-checking my calculations to make sure they are correct and advice.

In this moment - I am spirited! Blessed I am by the Fey mood and granted insight unsurmountable! Blessed be Sehanine Moonbow, blessed be Fenmarel! Blessed be Corellon, blessed be Hanali! If my bloodline research works well, I could maybe ensure choice for the parents to not condemn any to the terrible fate I had to live and must still survive.

And yet, I have still failed. Not in this field, no... not at all. I failed in my Duties as a redeemer. I have worked hard, even granted him space on the ship and yet Etele has betrayed me for Selengil. As a last ditch effort, I sent him to Telia but I doubt much success will come of it.

I wonder - what have I done wrong to have failed? Was this predetermined? In my enlightened state I can see that he was much like how I would have been if my Duty and upbringing did not temper me. Even now, I am sure of myself to the end, confident and powerful. I use it for good, and my experiences and Duty have made me humble in asking for help. Not Etele. Stuck in his way rigidly, thinking only he has the truth - the one truth (which in itself is an oxymoron. There is no ultimate truth) and everyone else has it wrong. And he demands everyone must serve him unrewarded. Ameris, I have learned my lesson.

To end my journal in spirited words still, I pray that now with the question solved I can find and speak with Soora soon. Unless someone gives me a powerful enough reason, and that someone better be Soora or perhaps Averëon could, I am going back to being a male elf with a sprinkling of humanity as seasoning.

Oh, and I am keeping Lafali'Atria, but as Lafali'Atri. Having an elven name other than Nu'Ruimatri which only the clergy, Soora and my closest companions may know is very useful in my dealings in the elven world. Also, until I transform back I think I will try and find enjoyment in my current state, such is the elven way. Not like I don't have much time, such works aren't easy and I want to secure it but, a year or half is all i can see it taking."

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:36 am 

"Well, that marks a month since Soora and I had our arguement and still no word from her. But in a few days the festivities will start. I hope she returns for them, for I miss her dearly.

11th of Alturiak."

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:45 pm 

"Is Fate ever on my side, or am I just blessed with the resources to truly prosper from?

For a good while now I was pondering how to contact Soora, as I have no address or point. Eventually I realized Sendings would work, but knew not what to say in but 25 words that do not undermine my efforts. I managed to make acquisition of a few scrolls, so thankfully I need not rely on another who might lack the necessary tune of voice to get the message proper across.

And that's when the old captain came into the play. Mealir, in his jovial manner, burst right into the field from the left flank and gave me all I needed to contact Soora - mere news she would enjoy, unrelated to me. And so I contacted her, telling her Mealir is around the Gate for a few days and apologized for making contact before her initiation.

She has made no response to my Sending, but I felt it proper to tell her of Mealir's presence, knowing full well how much she respects him. If need be, I'll try and avoid contact if I see them together as to not be underfoot.

In other news, I have been written an invite to a fundraiser gala. Although at first I did not want to attend without Soora, I did remember our time at the festival in Doron where we danced freely with all and everyone willing. So I attended with the sole purpose of having fun dancing with a partner with proper reason.

Indeed I danced, wearing a white dress matching my hair, with Elyssa at first then with Fingal, and at last with a halfling known as Ckal. Eyssa reminded me much of Soora, I guess their mentors were indeed similar. Fingal was an odd one, he seemed more intent on his own enjoyment and looking flashy than sharing the dance, all the while leading me around then going for a drink.

Ckal, Ckal reminded me of myself. For fun, I shrank myself with Reduce person and i came out much shorter than him, my head barely meeting his shoulders! He was rather nervous, and stuck to simple steps but I let myself be led. Eventually he got enough courage to take me up on my suggestion to spin me around a few times - I must spin Soora around more often when we dance, it's a lot of fun when wearing a loose dress! Soon enough, he was brave enough to spin me around without my prompting, all the more reminding me of myself with Soora. I guess, the fact that I was about as short compared to him as Soora was compared to me when i was a human made the similarity all the more striking. Eventually when the time came to end the dance, he took me by surprise and dipped me rather deep - not even when dancing with Soora was I ever dipped so it's not unreasonable to say I didn't exactly know what to do, and was rather shocked. My shock soon turned into a slight fear, a fear of him deciding to kiss me but thank Hanali he did not. I am not sure I would have appreciated such at all, it's one thing to dance with a man, another to be kissed by one. Hells, even if it was with a woman... I reserve kisses to Soora and her only. Eventually, after sharing some wine with him, still shrunk to halfling levels mind you, I left the gala to take care of some paperwork and study more about the Weave.

One thing I regret about the gala was that I did not get to dance with Celasorsan. I am honestly curious what it might be like, but judging by his moves with Terri he is more graceful than meets the eye. If anything, dancing with someone so massive must be a certain thrill, especially if I could convince him to use his strength.

I must admit that my time spent at the gala, and just the general passage of time since I so confidently declared I want to go back has made me doubt that decision, a thing made easier by the fact I did nothing towards it yet. In fact, I am in such a doubt at this time that I am tossing coins, for heads and tails, hoping fate will help me decide since it has given me the clue how to contact Soora properly. It does seem I am getting an abundance of heads, further cementing my doubt. Oh Hanali and Erevan, why did it have to happen at wartime? Had it been not for the war, I wouldn't be so comfortable so!

Well, time will tell. I'll delay on deciding on anything concrete yet again, and base it on Soora's indirect reaction to an indirect question.. and a coin I'll flip beforehand. Erevan, Tymora... please don't lead me astray."

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:47 am 

"Yet another day, yet another coin was flipped and yet again, out of three flips, the majority came out as heads.

I cannot complain though, I have never expected to meet face to face with someone who shares my plight, or have shared. He had done so due to religious reasons, explaining for the last five years he swung between the two genders like a pendulum, spending up to six months a year as one, the rest as the other.

This was an enlightening meeting, and I have learned that certain things are not exactly singular to my case. Indeed, it provided me with relief that my mind was not affected at all. He also parroted what Soora says - that the body is unimportant, it's the soul that matters - and the soul bears no marks of gender, but that of race and deeds.

We spoke at length if he missed it, having fulfilled that obligation, and he did admit there are parts he very much misses, but enjoys the return to stability. With the coin flips and this knowledge, I feel rather heavily swayed. If the final dice roll the way they roll now, and Soora remains open... Well, I swear this upon my Duty - I won't go back on my decision made then, not for years to come at the very least. For it to be a proper oath, I will designate a decade. Although he suggests I swing between the sides, I feel, whatever I choose, Soora would benefit the most from a stable, concrete shape to recognize.

And it's a relief to learn that my attraction to wearing a dress is not singular either - and can thus placate Soora that I am not trying to be her when i do so.

Two heads, one tail. Yesterday, three heads. The day before two heads...

One thing is certain, I cannot allow anyone but myself and my choice of method to decide. Only exception is if Soora voices her discomfort."

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:29 pm 

"Medune, you have given me the final piece of the puzzle. This is what "Be yourself" means from Soora. That she missed my clumsiness.

'Stop caring about what others say, expect of you. Don't worry about people insulting your elvenness, you are good as you are. I will be perfectly happy as long as you are happy as you are - you don't need to impress me, or cater to my needs. Do not try to impress me at cost of who you are, for I appreciate even your weaknesses, for they make you... you. Improve if you feel it right, but do it for yourself and your own fulfilment, not because someone might expect you to do that.'

Becoming myself is not in the relearning of wizardry and becoming a publicly renowned figure again - no, it's in realizing how I should approach the world. I'll continue with my arcane studies, for I enjoy the study of magic. I will continue my studies and assimilation into elven culture because it interests me, and feels right. I will continue dancing, because it's a skill I learned with Soora and reminds me of her. I will wear dresses, because of the freedom they provide and the thrill I feel when I spin quickly in a dance. So many things to dig through and see if I did it because of myself, or because I wanted to impress Soora.

I thought I was not worthy of her love, contradicting my very own statement on how we're fated to be together. I don't mean I shouldn't work for it, I mean... she wouldn't have come together with me if I had been so unworthy from the beginning. I do have to bend my knees at places, for some things truly annoy her and our partnership means we seek the best for the other, and make compromise in favour of as great a freedom as possible.

This applies to her, too. I shouldn't expect her to change, to make her enjoy my studies as much as I do. I should share with her still, but within reason. Nor should I expect her to be as great a sailor as I am, for I did realize I was really pushing her to be the ideal first mate too much. Then there was the Jon Smythe period. I was very jealous at that time, I am sure it was tangible even as I tried to hide it. From the start, but especially after I became a woman. However, I now realize that I cannot stop her from having fun. We love each other, right? I should allow her to do as she wishes, not limit her freedom at all. Take Mealir and Misara for example, both of them keep flirting with just about everyone... and now I realize Mealir flirted with Soora as well. There's no harm in such. Nor is there in dancing, and I guess more. Point is, I should strive not to limit Soora's freedom at all and neither should I try to mold her, lest I end up squeezing out the very thing I've come to enjoy her company for. This must be why she was disappointed in how elven I was - my actions inhibiting her freedom. The gala opened my eyes, in how much fun it was to dance freely and openly. The fact that Celasorsan danced so willingly, Telia - married people, with strangers, proves all of my fears wrong.

This calls for a poem. It shall be written.

As for what my appearance should be... I keep throwing heads."

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:56 am 

"But a few months it has been
Yet much longer did it feel.
A question troubled me, my Queen
"Be yourself", whose answer I could not reel.

A great dancer with elven values,
towards perfection I aimed
Your harsh words I did well use
And realized how my identity was maimed.

I have the answer now
Such a plain one it was
For once my confidence was made to bow
My path was given pause

You are beautiful, so perfect!
I didn't find myself worthy at all
As I lost traits I thought decked
To compensate I wanted, not realizing my fall

Ashamed of my grey, I cast them away
Ignorant of your heart, I didn't recognize the art
Reality is so different! Now I assay
that imperfections do not tear us apart.

I was a fool, with a misguided view
comparing hearts and elves against an ideal
I realize now how all is unique, thanks to you
and understand fully what I need to heal.

To care only for what works for us,
not what others say or judge
So long as we're the happiest plus
Our feelings no criticism may smudge.

To be myself, no matter what others say.
To embrace what I try to hide, realize your warm grove
If I had been so bad, we would have no stay
My faults and strengths are all part of our treasure trove

I need not enjoy all you enjoy,
nor should I make you what all I do.
As long as one of us finds but one shared joy
Even for an elven lifetime, we'll have plenty to chew.

Blessing it is of fate and Hanali
when we both come upon a shared coin
But while I say apples, you might say berry
Our wants need not always join.

Trust me when I say I enjoy these fully
Dancing, especially in dresses, with or without you
Sneaking and pranking, believe me truly.
I admit to /other/ things, to which impressing you /was/ the joining glue.

I promise you I shall no longer seek deeds just to impress
But to share with you what I genuinely enjoy
And try the things yourself bless.
And understand you won't feel let down if I don't find such my fitting toy.

And so in this poem I beg forgiveness
I was utterly foolish in my fear and only now I realized
that we're partners, who need not cater to every whim and fit the other like a glove
But rather have the singular purpose to share with each other what brought us together
Honest love."

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:28 am 

"Yet once more does Sehanine reward my insight, and reassure me that I chose right.

I was at the Friendly Arms Inn but a few days back, chatting with Laya when suddenly Etele came to me, franctic and hurried, begging me to leave the safety of the Friendly Arms' walls with him.

I refused. I refused for I have heard that he has changed his name and indeed joined the Zhentarim. I refused for Telia has told me in her letter she does not trust him. I refused for there's a reason I live so calmly - I may be reckless, but I still remain in control.

He didn't answer my questions as to why, he didn't explain why he wanted me to run so fast with him. I kept refusing, at first not so plainly, hoping he'd get the point but he kept his tirade on incessantly. Laya and I begun to start and try to educate him why I am refusing to go with him but he remained stubborn.

When he did run off, rather hurt, I doubted if I chose right and should have went with him. If I had maybe missed the chance to still redeem him. My worries were soon replaced by utter shock itself when I saw Soora approach Laya and I, dressed in but clothes - not armour, this is important - with a cheerful mood.

Oh was she cheerful! All these days I dreaded how our meeting will be. Just how dramatic, how careful I will need to be. And here she was, cheerful as ever and lighthearted. She asked us how we were, and I ousted but a bit of response from myself. I am not sure if she has seen I was nervous, or if she understood from my tentative step towards her - I am sure both methods are right - she meandered over to the bench and sat.

And so I approached her, still mute from the shock of seeing her once more after her telling me there are more elves than her. And then she spoke, breaking the ice - in that voice of a jovial prankster : 'Sit!' - and so I sat.

We chatted about some little nothings befores joining our ways with Laya and Elyssa. I asked her if she has ran into Mealir yet, but she said she had not. To maintain my request for her return, I used my remaining scrolls of Sending sans one for emergencies to arrange a meeting aboard the Wanderess.

How well it went! Just like in the olden days we chatted, laughed, sang and pranked. It was as if nothing was different.

There was one thing I noted though, Soora telling me to 'give it time', when I became a little more brave and touchy. Nothing tasteless, just something more obvious a mark of our faith than just sitting and standing so close.

Then we ventured on after Mealir had to run - we visited the Cloudpeaks and beheld the sunrise from the crispy peaks. I stood beside her, and felt that this moment could last forever, with no change, and I'd still be the happiest.

When we parted at Doron for each of our camps, I tossed the three coins of Fate as Erevan and Tymora designed. I trust fate, although at times it requires me to outright deny the obvious to find the true meaning - see the potential mission to Chult - it always served me well when I was the actor personally. It's as if the gods themselves want me to make my own fate, to take the initiative. So I took my initiative by leaving my choice utterly to chance. And so it came out, a choice I swear upon my Duty I will not go back on.

All that remains is to tell Soora when the stars are right, and of course, to tell her of my understanding. I won't force it mind, but should we ever drift near it I shall. If we never speak of it again, and just drift on as if nothing had happened, if she judged me based on my actions pure, and deducted my choice from such, then that would be alright too.

And to consider I would have not met with Soora if I had chosen to go with Etele marks well my choiche being the right one. A challenge by the gods, and a challenge I have passed with flying colours!

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:54 pm 

"And so, all my thoughts - the final ones- confirmed true by Onna'Evatril.

Where would I be without the clergy's support in these times?"

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:05 pm 

After a long sitting before Sehanine's statue, Hoihe, frustrated still, opens her journal and scribbles away with little order or grace to her letters

"With a song I declared it myself

'And on the day we come it’s over
And you will have your fate laid out and spun, it’s execution
And you may pray if you get comfort
It’s on this day your duty’s done
And on this day you’ve been caught guilty, the sentence clearly is death
It will be carried out this instant
Say any prayers that you want said'

Yet I feel uneasy now. What if our judgement was wrong? What if he was right? What if we did indeed kill a man suffering and in need of help? The ignorant should not be quelled, but educated, even if it takes a great amount of energy for that's what makes us who we are - the right side. We don't choose the easy or the fast path, we choose the best path, no matter what it takes for us to give up.

Yet I would never be able to give up my love, my heart to Soora. Nor would I be so willing now that I found a purpose once again to give up my life? Does this diminish my Right? My choice of sides? I am free to choose as I wish, for that is the ultimate goal - freedom - yet I am still boxed in by the morals so natural to me, yet so illogical.

Ameris tells that mortals need not be saints and angels, that I need not doubt myself that I have limits on how much I can commit to the cause of Good, that even little things contibute, that selfishness is not a sin.

Yet here I sit doubting myself. I doubt myself for I was so sure that I could redeem Etele, that I could save himself from Death yet he was executed right before me - an action I myself supported - me, supporting execution! How?! Everyone deserves a chance to try and try again if genuine, and execution robs them of doing so in this life. Sure he will be reborn eventually, one way or another but still!

Yet, if I stick so close to my Duty, my own morals then people will suffer. Sure, I will feel without guilt that I do the right thing yet... he was too dangerous to be kept alive. He admitted himself that he threatened murder upon one I swore to protect - an elf, an innocent elf if scandalous. He has no right to judge her to die!

But he was ill - mentally ill, so much so. Paranoia took him like it took many as I witnessed. As I walked the darkest corners of Toril I witnessed the power and weakness of mind, of how much a foreign thought mastefully implanted can turn family upon itself - cause the chieftain whose task was to protect his tribe to go in a murderous rampage and skin his own shamen and carve eldricht runes in their flesh. He was innocent, it was not him, it was the Elder Darkenss!

Yet he died, like Etele. He died without me having a chance to help him, rescue him. Sure, in the end the Darkness dissipated but did it truly? With the capital D it did but people suffer still, whether natural or the machinations of world invisible and incomperehensible?

Was Etele truly guilty, or was he simply a victim himself? A victim of his own mind betraying him? A victim of his lone upbringing, of having to fend for himself? Did we execute a victim, not the criminal but the one they tortured, thinking we did justice?

Ah Sehanine please grant me clarity! Tell me we did right, or tell me we did wrong and teach us to prevent to avoid it! Away with this terrible uncertainity, this doubt!

Thousands if not countless more lives have been ended by my hands - but they were clearly criminal, I always fought when they threatened my life or an innocent's, when they were violating the laws of Seldarine and the world. But Etele? He was manipulated! If not by someone else but by his own twisted mind!

We should not have killed him, we should have hogtied him and gagged him, gave him to the Olin Gisir or the temple of Lathander or something... Someone who knows how to deal with a wicked mind!

And Corellon, Corellon please - why did he have to look me in the eyes as he died? That lonesome stare, that look of being abandoned by everyone. The very feeling I dreaded, yet I condemned him to it. In his death I offered him no comfort, I condemned him. Why?! Why was I so cruel?

In his final moments, only then I stepped to defend him - I should have earlier! It might have been different then, I am expert on the woes of mind, having fought a creature that destroyed civilizations and families by toying with them like Etele's mind toyed with him! I have authority on this, they would have listened!

But no, in his final moments I defended him - then told him it's pointless, for I quote the terrible words I uttered, so ashamed I am ' He was too dangerous to be kept alive.'

No one is too dangerous, all can be turned. This I witnessed with Izzi'Irik - a drow! A bloody drow received more compassion from me than a man that clearly suffered. Despite all, he protected a sun elf - a sun elf of all! He was in love, but is there anything more pure a desire than love itself?

Perhaps if Etele had loved, things would have went another way. I should have taught him how to find such, I should have worked to build him into a fine young man ... not into the feed of maggots.

Sehanine please offer me clarity. I am not an executioner, I am not a judge - I am a protector and that only. A purveyor of knowledge, an adventurer of excitement but not a judge! Why, Fenmarel, why?! Why was I made to carry such burdens which I clearly cannot bear?

He trusted me to assist him, and I have not. I should have, I know for sure now. Only too late."

And with tears dripping unto her ink, making it impossible to write any more, she returns to her vigil beside Sehanine Moonbow.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:32 pm 

"And yet,

It was only because I spared him when I could have killed him that he could threaten and almost kill an innocent, and would have succeeded if not for Laya.

Why must this be so hard?

To maintain morality and ideals and sacrifice safety - or to ensure safety but lose a part of yourself?

Hogtying and forcing into a monastery seems the best choice - punishment for his deeds, treatment for the Darkness and prevention of causing further damage.

No greater victory exists over the vile than to make their deeds benefit society.
No action better demoralizes the foe than disregarding their danger and living life untouched, without terror."

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:43 am 

"To act, or become obselete through inaction in face of tyranny

To act
and change the course of histories.
To have tact
and dare to stand tall against villies.

To stay passive
and remain safe, well accepted.
To fear consequences massive
and let mistakes go excepted.

That is the question!
Bold it is! Without solution,
who must answer?
Those dreaming of the resolution;
those who dare to dream of resolution."

Unread postPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 4:25 am 

"I promised some friends a tale on what a Sha'qessir can achieve. A just cause for me to put my tale to paper. Into eight sections I split my poem, vague, but to the point."

Unread postPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 4:25 am 

"Founding tale

Born was he to humans both
yet from start misplaced he felt
to become a dragon he thought
He set out with a glacier to melt

A sailor from the earliest age
blessed with the draconic blood of a mage
with a crimson compass as his guide
aboard a ship, twirling his moustache he decided to ride

In a mixed family he lived
dwarves, elves and humans aboard the same ship
within the same ideals they believed
kinship and freedom sang from their collective lip

It went on for a decade uninterrupted
at the age of sixteen adventure erupted
Our hero met a lady
An elven maiden he intended to marry

Happy they spent their ages
Caves, adventures and danger
In the end misfortune paid their wages
And our hero became vengeance’s ranger

Feeling it his fault she died,
to enact justice he tried
Burning down warehouses and taking lives
A wizard grew angry, and stopped his lies

A decade he spent miserably human
felt no attraction to man or woman
neither did he feel the arcane magnetism
despite all that, he ceased not with the heroism

Beshaba found no mercy upon his soul
his family, all lost, in a storm most foul
Truly did his life began now
when into Baldur’s Gate he washed, painfully he howled"

Unread postPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 4:26 am 

"Birth of the Sha’quessir

To find himself our hero sought
his past life, friends taken by Umberlee
He was only bound now by what he wrought
Almost corrupted, in mealir and Laitae did he find the light, you see

Two fateful decisions steered his life henceforth
to be Mealir’s navigator and to join the library fort
With books and ambitions as his drive
he found himself faced with histories’ hive

Upon the Whistling Wanderess’s maiden sail
with his love’s ancestral flute he toyed
nothing however could prepare him for an elven mother’s wail
it was that day his life was made coiled

To make this right - upon the heavens he swore
To protect all elves selflessly, armed with dragons’ lore
It was sworn upon his Eternal Duty
A tradition ancient, trust me.

With plenty of elven friends, his quest seemed easy
If he stayed but with them, even then his promise’d be kept
But gods thought otherwise and thrust him into a world most crazy
So years were to be looked forward to with many nights unslept

Thus was our hero’s life anew began
with many allies, even a dwarf named Teagan
At first it seemed easy, but now witness
as we delve deeper into this forest leafless

Only but twenty six of age,
young, even for a human mage
Yet already just a year set him straight,
it was over now, the decade of the decadent wraith"

Unread postPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 4:27 am 

"Song of the Silver Soul

However as we previously sang
our hero set out to find himself anew
Setting this right was part, but internal callings also rang
a life spent with a body askew

Our hero knew from ages young and new
that a human body was not his body true
instead it seemed it was his dragon blood
A power that was sapped. Now was the time for it to flood.

After the voyage he set out abreast
to find answers true in the Far East
His journey too him now to the mountains Earthfast
with no gold or fame, he wished only to find a wyrmling at least.

His hopes were sold once low, but returned thrice fold
AS one Sarah Silverstone is a dragon he was told
The same lady who saved him from frosty death
is to be his master in the draconic breath

Research has showed to open damns of power
one must earn a drop from a dragon true
And Sarah was one, as our hero quested in her tower
Against his brother-in-clan did he succeed through

A ritual was held where powers old
paid in blood and gold
were returned to our heroes true
for with friends did he find the clue

And so in a quest of betrayal did his mentor die
by brother Ashalon’s vile claws could she no longer fly
Kifel replaced her, but our hero swore
That he’ll have his vengeance, a promise that did come to occur

And so was an ancient conspiracy brought to light
Ashalon was no friend, but enemies’ agent set to right
What was wronged in aeons past
when into a chasm evil Raugarathisj was rightly cast"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next