All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Aeili Azenci - Mystran Meditations
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:18 pm 
BGTSCC Quality Control

Hidden: show
Flamerule 16th.

"I cannot tell which is better: leaving Waterdeep because of the arguments in the Hall of Wonders about improving relations with the Red Magic Enclave, or returning to Baldur's Gate after these four years only to find they too have established a Red Magic Enclave, and in place of the old Istari Tower no less!"

The sun elf cringed as she penned the words in her journal. She slumped in her chair and began to sob once more. Her tears had run freely that day as she surveyed all the changes that had happened to the city she once called home. The Weavemasters were now gone. The establishment of the Red Wizard Enclave in their place had been the cause of Jonas and Meri's departure back south to Amn. Valerius was no longer the chief reader in Candlekeep. Yet despite all these things the city still buzzed with activity, a plenitude of adventurers and merchants flowing in and out of the eastern gate and from the dockyards.

"I have been fortunate enough to have met several new faces in the Temple. This does assuage my grief somewhat, to know that faith in Mystra is still strong in these parts. Time will tell what shall become of it all, but there is no doubt that the Mother of All Magic has made no mistake in calling be back to these lands."

Last edited by Tsidkenu on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Aeili Azenci - Mystran Meditations
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:30 am 
BGTSCC Quality Control

Flamerule 22nd.
"I have now heard several reports about this Celestia: a wandering Mystran who has lost her respect for her goddess. This is disturbing news, but it makes the light of my path shine all the brighter.

The Red Thayan Enclave irks me to a great deal. Unfortunately I am not in a position to change that anytime soon. I am in a position, however, to influence this Celestia, whenever I find her. Ivan has right concerns, if what he says is true. I sense deep wisdom emanating from his very presence and it comforts me. Nevertheless, I will find Celestia and see to it that she is restored to fullness of mind and heart in her worship of our beautiful Lady of Mysteries."

Last edited by Tsidkenu on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:26 am 
BGTSCC Quality Control

Flamerule 28th.
"At last I have met Celestia. She was quite dour at first and thought I intended to scold her for her irresponsible use of the Art. On the contrary, it is my goal to see her acquire an unadulterated faith in our goddess.

When she understood that it was not my purpose to condemn her but rather minister to her she opened up far more freely. I suspect that she needs an epiphany of our Lady of Mysteries. What better way to accomplish that than to hold a Magefire Ceremony for her?"

Last edited by Tsidkenu on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:27 am 
BGTSCC Quality Control

Elesias 4th.

"What a terrible day! Writing this now from the Risen Phoenix where I will be spending my reverie. It seems that my recent excursion to the xvart village ended in dismay. That handsome Qan'ounii disappeared in some sort of magical backfire, leaving me alone with the fighter. He fought valiantly but I was no match for the xvart short blades.

I awoke in the Temple of Lathander in Beregost, not remembering what had happened to me. Celestia was there as well as the fighter, so she took care of me. I paid him for his trouble. The scars will heal. Slowly. Why must I keep suffering this way? I must take more care."

Last edited by Tsidkenu on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:30 am 
BGTSCC Quality Control

Elesias 11th.

"So I was invited to join a new guild of Arcanists known as the Inner Circle. I don't quite trust them so I have postponed any decision to join them for now. I have recorded the names of their leading magi, however, and I hope to glean more information about them however I can."

"They also invited me to assist them in a magic experiment. It was some sort of illusion, very powerful indeed, although it had no effect on the subject. Their willingness to experiment with magic is laudable, but I hope it will not turn sinister."

Last edited by Tsidkenu on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:32 am 
BGTSCC Quality Control

Elesias 14th.

"I encountered a blatant necromancer today as I walked along the Lion's Way coming from Candlekeep. I still cannot believe the audacity of that fool: he dared to think I would be fooled to see him animate a corpse right in front of me! A Mystran priestess unable to identify magic correctly!"

"When he realized I would not be fooled, his face turned sour and he drew a bow and attacked. Actually he was quite unlucky that I had been troll hunting and still had several fire spells memorized. His zombie was destroyed in no time and I quickly subdued him with both magic and a blow to the head. A bit stronger than I thought I could swing. I doubt he'll be casting spells again any time soon."

Last edited by Tsidkenu on Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:34 am 
BGTSCC Quality Control

Elesias 16th.

"While I'm disappointed that the Fist have decided to show no interest in bringing justice against that necromancer, one good thing has come of my recent visit to the Friendly Arm Inn. I have finally met Charraj, the one who ruined the Weavemasters with his uncontrolled magical experimentation."

"It was so hard for me to maintain my composure in his presence, but I sense he deeply resents himself for what he has done. Therefore it is not my place to judge him at this time. Better to move him towards restoration and renewal of faith in Mystra. He is still blessed with the ability to practice the Art, and this he must realise. I am convinced it is time to start a theological introduction to the Mystran faith to help both him and Celestia."

Last edited by Tsidkenu on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:44 am 
BGTSCC Quality Control

Elesias 21st.

"Again I have bumped into this Charraj, this time in Beregost. We had a long discussion in the Risen Phoenix tavern after which time I asked him when the last time he donated a magical item for sacrifice to Mystra. Ashamedly he admitted he had not for a long time, and promptly donated a ring of significant magical enchantment. I have since offered it up upon the altar on his behalf.

I also saw Celestia not far from Doron Amar. It was my first time to travel there. While it is certainly no Leuthilspar, it did remind me of home. We discussed several deep matters as the anticipation for the Magefire Ceremony builds.

I wonder how my parents must be feeling now. I have been away for so long. I wonder if there is a way to write to them?"

Last edited by Tsidkenu on Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:04 am 
BGTSCC Quality Control

Elesias 28th.

"I really tried to do the right thing. I recently met a rather lost-looking wood elf in the city named Sairalinde. Poor girl, she had no idea about human customs. She told me she had been asked by Nerisdove near the Blade and Stars to search for her lost ring in the sewers."

"I reluctantly agreed to help her but I should have known better. I know I get sick and exhausted all the time, but down in those sewers my poor constitution had no chance. I was bitten by one sewer rat and the wound got terribly infected and I was vomiting everywhere once I got out."

"This is not good. The Magefire Ceremony is less than a week away. What will Celestia think if I am too ill to minister in the temple?"

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:33 am 
BGTSCC Quality Control

Eleint 7th.

"I am really lost for words today. I really cannot bear to put this quill to this parchment. I am so disappointed with myself. Celestia's Magefire Ceremony has been indefinitely postponed. I don't know what it was. Did I not tell enough of the faithful? Was I too strict? Why did no-one else come? Was 3 week's notice not enough? I just don't understand."

"I am so upset. It's so hard to write when you cry. I need to get out of the city. I'm going to go for a walk. I want to see the forest. It reminds me of the glade back home. I wish the treants here were not so hostile. Perhaps their dialect is not the same as those on Evermeet. I would have so many things to tell them otherwise."

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:26 am 
BGTSCC Quality Control

"I met Charraj again today. Crow had told me that he was feeling down because he felt he breached his Mystran duty of restraint during a recent attack of fishmen upon Ulgoth's Beard.

I did my very best to console him and help him to understand that he followed a measured and responsible course of action. He seemed grateful and offered another magical item for me to sacrifice on his behalf. This I have done with great gladdness of heart and with all my prayers for his continuing increase in faith.

He cautioned me about another local wizard who cast an awful tenth circle necromancy spell upon the fishmen and justified his choice. This fellow I will have to track down further to add more details to my catalogue."

Last edited by Tsidkenu on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:46 am 
BGTSCC Quality Control

Marpenoth 28th.

"A spear! A spear! Thrust into my heart and forcibly removed without care or concern! That was every word he spoke to me; each stabbed me more than a thousand knives. I knew this day would come. I had met others, and they were a little more forgiving. But not him. His disdain pierced my soul sharper than a mithral sword.

We have a superior god of magic, why not worship him? he asked. I just wanted to tear my hair out and scream in his face. But I couldn't. Despite his obvious suspicions he still wished to peruse Mystra's wares. So I just made him four wands and let it be. I feel lost. Shattered. Despairing.

Until I came home again. The Temple. It is my home now. It is my home."

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:40 am 
BGTSCC Quality Control

Nightal 17th.

"Oh dear journal I have been away from you too long. I had not intended to tarry in Beregost so long but Berea is in a good deal of distress. I do hope that her condition will be alleviated; it is a most stressful thought.

Miss Telia Navra came to the Temple today and we had a long discussion about the faith. I will refrain from making judgement about her in the hope that she is sincere about wishing to change her course. If she is bold enough to re-enter the city in such a public manner there must be substance to her desire. May you reveal the meaning of her gift, O Blessed Lady of Mysteries."

Last edited by Tsidkenu on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:42 pm 
BGTSCC Quality Control

Hammer xxv.

"I write this entry from the quaint village of Kheldrivver in the north near the Troll claw hills. I am with an expedition to a supposed warlock's crypt from which the plague which is decimating the harbour district of Baldur's Gate has suposedly come.

I set forth this entry and leave it here in this inn simply to state that my mission is to divine the history of this crypt and thus advise the veritable army I am with whether an attack upon it will be prudent or not. May my goddess Mystra grant me success in this nerve-wracking task. I tremble with trepidation as to what may lay before us.

And so I bless Mystra, Lady of Mysteries.

May this not be my final entry."

Last edited by Tsidkenu on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:39 am 
BGTSCC Quality Control

Alturiak viii

"Blissful and conflicting thoughts dance across my mind as I pen this entry. On the one hand, I am exceedingly glad that my Lady Mystra has allowed me more time here in this realm to make her will known to the users of magic on Faerun.

A late night vistor to the temple delayed my departure for Kheldrivver and I was not able to join the group which scouted out the so-called Warlock's Crypt. As it turns out, the place is a necropolis, an ancient Netherese ruin now inhabited by a force of undead almost without number.

Having read the reports given to my by the scouts, it turns out I would not have had an opportunity to even get close enough to the city to perform a casting of Ledgend Lore. This is the will of Mystra.

I have also been told that the undead do not advance outside of some kind of magical barrier which surrounds the Netherese city. This will be my next avenue of investigation besides journeying to another town near Kheldrivver, Lantharl's Lantern, which may hold additional clues about this ancient place.

To you, Mother of all Magic, I devote this entry and my life. Guide your sesrvant in the mysteries you have set before her to uncover.

And so I bless thee, Lady of Mysteries."

Last edited by Tsidkenu on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.