All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The musings of Masic Chendarth
Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:35 pm 

Well the caravan finally arrived at Baldur's Gate and this is supposed to be the place i make my name and fortune. I can't say i am too impressed with my initial impression. I wonder if the city is ready for me?

My first few days were rather eventful. Is it a prerequisite to be a paladin if you want to live in this place. You can't swing a cat without hitting one of the insufferably self righteous prigs. I actually teamed up with a paladin of Torm in order to rid the outskirts of the city of Bandits. We worked well together, though i must say i did most of the killing.

I have spent some time scouting the surrounding area for a site suitable for my purpose. I have spotted one or two that might be useful.
Apparently, my arrival in the city coincided with an out break of plague. I myself have fought numerous plagued zombies and even zombie rats. A few days i found myself in an old tomb where i come across the remains of a coffin that had been disturbed. The coffin contained the remains of a plague victim. However, the victims clothes and belongings had been removed. Might this have something to do with the current plague. I have not shared this information with anyone else yet.

It seems that Sunites are looking to build a church in soubar. There was an auction whereby people could bid against one another to acquire a person for a day. Trust Sunites to look at whoring people to raise funds. The average priest of sune is good for little else.

Post subject: Re: The musings of Masic Chendarth
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:21 am 

Well it has been an eventful few days. Firstly, i discovered some useful information regarding the plague that has broken out in Baldur's Gate. For now i will keep this knowledge to myself.

Secondly, and more importantly my letter was acknowledged and i have met with some very powerful and influential people. We talked about my purpose here on the sword coast and they seemed fairly receptive to my proposals. Our aims seem to be similar so i believe that we will be working together closely for some time to come.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:00 pm 

My meeting went well. It appears that they are as interested in me as i am in them. This looks like the start of a mutually beneficial relationship. For now i will continue in my current guise and wait until i am called to serve.

I had a quite amusing encounter today, it resulted in me being called a paladin. I have to laugh i am not self righteous enough to be a paladin. I must admit i do have a certain amount of zeal and that could be mistaken for that of a paladin. I don't have the scruples of a Paladin. I am able to get more results because of this lack of scruples. A Paladin as if!

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:27 pm 

The Gods may have smiled upon me....or the one God that truly matters.
A chance encounter with a Wizard yesterday in Nashkel might have provided a solution or two to my on going problems.
This Wizard wields a brand of magic i have not seen before and they are part of a group of like minded individuals; they could be perfect for what i need. I must make sure i further relations with this wizard and her friends.

On a another matter i have long been absent from the guild house. I must make amends with my associates and inform them of my progress.

FTGOB

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:34 am 

Well, things have taken an interesting turn.
The plague that threatened to sweep over the sword coast region looks to have abated. Now there are rumors concerning undead and a Lich...oh joy. I will have to pay close attention to these rumors as they could provide lots of opportunity for a man with my talents.
On a more personnel matter, a certain somebody is making overtures towards me regarding my possible recruitment for their company. I will keep them at a distance but show just enough interest until i am certain of their aims.

FTGOB

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:28 pm 

Well that was an interesting meeting. It is not often one gets to walk into a camp of bloodthirsty, ravenous creatures and to leave having reached a profitable accord.
I joined two of my associates on this expedition and i have to say i made the crucial breakthrough in the negotiations; sometimes the truly powerful can overlook what is in front of their eyes.
We now have new allies and at a minimal of cost. It will be interesting to see what happens next.

FTGOB

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:00 am 

The alliance with the gnolls is no more. The cowards ran in fear before the undead horde. They served dtheir purpose as fodder; allowing me to hold back my troops for the greater challenges ahead.
So I have met the herald of blight, the one who proceeds this plague. The herald is truly a being of immense power, with a vaste horde at her command. Yet despite all this power the herald needed myself and my allies. An accord was reached. The future is bright....for us at least.

FTGOB

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:35 am 

Riddles! I hate Riddles!
What is it about long abandoned towers, belonging to long dead Wizards, that states they must have guardians posing Riddles? Oh did i mention i hate RIDDLES!!!???
one of my underlings had acquired a map that had been found on a necromancer connected with this undead horde. So naturally a group was assembled to investigate this map. I was placed in command of this expedition and it was fortuitous for all concerned that i was.

The map lead into troll country and after some minor skirmishes with the trolls we encountered a ruined tower. There was some runic writing over the entrance to the tower and naturally i was the only one in the group able to read the runes. I wont say decipher the runes as it appeared to consist of magical mumbo jumbo.

We entered the tower and were struck by how clean the place was. Obviously someone or something was home. We soon discovered a spectral caretaker, a librarian even. The spectre was more concerned about his books that our presence and it was only through use of a spell that i was able to commune with it.

The Spectral guardian began to talk about what i can only assume was a long ago empire based in the region of Calimshan. Being a resident of the Moonsea and before that being born in Damara, i really do not have much knowledge of the history of that region . However, the spirits talk of great empires and powerful armies and magic lead me to believe that this empire reigned in the distant past. However, the spirit mentioned that this tower held a great artifact belonging to the emperor. So we went upstairs, picked up the item and went home.

Well if only things were so simple, we had to pass numerous riddles and challenges. Some numerical, some literary. Luckily i was on form and i managed to solve all of the riddles. I took possession of the artifact and used its power to transport myself and the group back to our home base. This artifact must be studied further, the spectre mentioed it was able to move whole armies. A great power indeed.

FTGOB

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:05 am 

It has been an eventful few days.
A celebration at the fortress of Darkhold. Who would have thought it? There were certainly a varied cast of characters there; Drow, Elves, Beholders, other alien species but sadly the Lords of Baldurs Gate were conspicuous by there absence.
The very presence of Lord Fzoul of the Zhentarim more than made up for the absence of the rulers of Baldurs Gate. If i am honest i doubt they would have been noticed even if they were present, such is the power and charisma of Lord Fzoul.
I made a few new contacts while enjoying the festivities, including among the Drow. They have invited me to visit. Not sure many people get invited to dinner with the Drow....i look forward to it.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:38 am 

So ends the quiet before the storm.

The undead horde has reached the outskirts of Baldur's Gate, the endgame is now beginning.
I have been looking forward to this for some time now. A great opportunity awaits, if only i can reach out and grasp it.
This could well be the last entry in this journal. Masic Chendarth awaits his doom. Whatever the outcome Masic Chendarth will most likely cease to exist.

FTGOB

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:30 pm 

The blight has been defeated.
I played a large part in the defeat of the blight, some even say i was responsible for its ultimate banishment.
Ever since that day i have had the same dream: in my sleep i see that upright Black Hand. Every night it slowly changes shade, becoming a lighter and lighter shade of grey with each passing nights sleep. What does this mean? I know not, yet i have my suspicions.

Tonight as i lie down to sleep after penning this entry i hope my dreams are filled not with this Greying Black hand but of her face. My every waking thought is consumed by her, my every sleeping thought is devoted to that hand. Are the two related?

I lie down and wait for sleep to wash over me like the tide against the shore

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:39 pm 

My Prayers are no longer being answered, i am a cleric in name only. No God, no congregation and no future among those i called allies. I still carry my holy symbol in my pocket, i know not why. I must soon lay it aside and move forward with my life. How much of a life i have no idea. Will i be hunted for turning my back on my Lord? For leaving the organisation i swore to serve faithfully?
I have confided in a couple of close friends. they know the Priest i was and the man i now seek to be. I know its a long road and i may not survive the journey but i thank the Gods(well some of them at least) for the chance to start anew.

I have already started to get involved in the relief efforts in the region. Totally unselfishly and without any personal gain. Except for doing what i know to be right.