All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Uelaereene Sai'zzel
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:15 am 

First Name: Uelaereene (or Leen to her closests)
Last Name: Sai'zzel

Appearance:
Dressed in dark blue clothes, with a golden diadem and a long cloak. From her belt and hips hang some daggers.
Race: Drow
Height: not tall, not small
Weight: slim
Eyes: golden
Hair: withe

Personality Profile:
At first look, Uelaereene looks naive, maybe because of her youth. When spending more time with her, one could realize she is in fact clever, and that is constantly watching all that sorrounds her. She usually seems to be in a good mood, with a fine sense of humour. She is a faehlil member of the School of Invocation and Evocation, still a student.
General Health: good
Deity: Eilistraee
Initial Alignment: chaotic good
Profession: Fahliel at the School of Invocation and Evocation
Base Class & Proposed Development: warlock / rogue / daggerspell / shadowdancer
Habits/Hobbies:
Languages:
Weapon of Choice: dagger

Background:

Uelaereene growth in a hidden valley on the surface, covered entirely by a forest. There it was a small community of good hearted drow, whorshippers of Eilistraee and descendants of people who escaped from the cruel society of the Underdark. She was risen by one of elder priestess, although it was clear for her that she was not her mother. Mother, where do usstan came from?, she used to ask, but only silence and a sad face were her answers, and her mother remained homesickness for some days. Because of this reaction, Uelaereene finally stopped asking. Maybe she was born there, maybe one or both of her parents tried the path to the surface and didn't do it. Uelaereene was only sure that her name was given by a surfacer (see quote below).

Years passed and seasons changed, and she happily lived in the hidden forest learning the ways of Eilistraee and wisdom from the teachings of the Keeper of Knowledge, the guardian who teached the children and was responsible of all the books the community had. The day she became an adult, she was called by the elders to perform a ritual. She must go to the depest forest alone and make her soul one with the forest, praying to the Maiden, dancing under the light of the fullmoon. She did as she was commanded with pleasure and she spended the night dancing in a forest clearing in the very center of the forest, until she fell asleep, tired.

Strange dreams took her mind that night, of violence and murder. Finally, a small withe fox appeared and not knowing why, she was sure it was the spirit of the forest itself. Horrible events have ocurred tonight, but I'm pleased to see one of my children survived, said the creature. Please, stay hidden here my child, as within this forest clearing I can protect you. What have happened? she asked, but only a sad face was her answer as the fox slowly dissapeared and only darkness remained in her dream.

Uelaereene woke up in sweat when the first light of the dawn was visible behind the mountains sorrounding the valley. But it was strange the birds didn't sing their songs that morning, and this suddenly remembered her her dreams. Running in a hurry, she stopped right in the limit of the forest clearing, remembering the spirit's advice too. But a strong feeling within her said her that something had happened to her family and friends and, with a shake of the head, she entered the forest.

When she reached the village limits an indescribable scene appeared in front of her: some houses burning and people slayed. But they fought against the intruders, in the center of the chaos she found the corpse of her mother, dressed with the clothes she wore when she slept. At her side a partially burned corpse of an armored jaluk. She gave a step forward trembling, and another, and another, and she turned back and started running with no destination as she cried.

After hours crying in the middle of the forest, a cold calm replaced her sadness. She returned to the village in search of survivors but, as she was counting the numbers, she realized nobody was alive. She found some more of those armored jaluks, and she found that a symbol covered their chest, one she didn't see before. With this clue in mind, she went to the Keeper of the Knowledge's house, and started searching on the books gathered there. In one of the books related to the Underdark she found its meaning, it was the insignia of Ssamath, an Underdark city. A word came then to her mind: vengueance.

But, how did those intruders came to the forest? The cave, the forbidden cave, she said to herself. A cave where only the elders could go. With resolution in her eyes she went to the remains of her house and took some clothes and food. And a pair of daggers.

When she finished, she went out. It was night again, and the moon shone pale on the sky. She stopped as she realized all the villager corpses had dissapeared. And only a small white fox stands in the center of the small village. They are with me and the Maiden. She nods, as walking slowly to the creature. I see you have made your decision, my child. Your path leads you to a place where the trees don't grow, and the moonlight doesn't shine. A place of rock, danger and darkness. Uelaereene kneeled in front of the white fox. Usstan must leave the forest, usstan know in my deepest that usstan must. She said with a sad voice, almost in a whisper. But tell me, my child, this path you are to take will lead you to fall into the darkess, or will you enlighten it with the power of the forest and the moon? Uelaereene looks at the spirit confused. I will give you a gift, part of the power of the forest to protect you... and to make you remember where do you come from. But you must promise, you shall return someday, when your journey is completed. Silence fell upon Uelaereene and the spirit after these words for some seconds, as she watched the far stars. Then the drow answered with a broken voice. Usstan will always remember who am usstan, and won't forget this forest and its peace. Usstan promise dos, usstan will return. The fox nods once. So be it, you will bring the forest with you, within you. With a flashy light the fox disappeared, but it left something in Uelaereene. And thereby, the pact was made.

She felt as something was growing inside her, a warmth she hads never felt. She went to the cave entrance and looked the moon for the last time. Don't forget the forest... and the moon, my child, she heard. Something warm started beating in her soul as she descended into the dark.

How did she managed to get alive to Ssamath is a mistery. But she did it. And she also got there with two jalil twins, Lilly and Lil'ly Sai'zzel. Now she uses their surname as her own, and the two sisters refer to her as our little cousin.

Goals:
- Infiltration: done in part, as she is member of the School of Invocation and Evocation
- Vengueance
- Meeting other Maiden worshippers: already have met several, but not enough
- Try to help the enslaved by the drow
- Find the illithid who ate part of her essence

Possible Plot-Hook Ideas and Misc Facts:
- Find out who are the responsible of the murder of her community
- Create a faction to secretly fight against the drows (or join it if it already exists)
- Gain influence and power to secretly and internally fight against the rulers of the city
- If she can, search for clues about her origins

- Already a fahliel member of the School of Invocation and Evocation
- During an exploration in the goblins' territory, she and another jalil were imprisioned by the goblin king. An illthid appeared and, in payment of some essence from her, the illthid freed them. Since then, she feels weaker and strange dreams and visions come to her mind from time to time.

Quote:
The Double Daggers

Located in the western sky, this constellation is two fuzzy clusters of blue-white stars, which appear as two side-by-side crescents or arcs in the sky, points downward. True west can be found exactly halfway between the two arcs - heading "straight between the eyes."

In the Sword Coast North, the Daggers are known as The Eyes of the Watching Woman, and in the western Heartlands men speak of "where Selune looks back." To the Bedine of Anauroch, the Daggers are known as The Two Jambiyas, or the Eyes of Elah. Similarly, the elves know this constellation as The Eyes of Uelaereene (named after the long-ago Queen Uelaereene of Evermeet), and the halflings of Luiren connect the two arcs and call it The Gull.

source: http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/stars.htm

Uelaereene Sai'zzel - once I saw the stars...
Lil'ly Sai'zzel (alt) - oooh! a spider

Last edited by freekender on Mon May 02, 2016 2:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Uelaereene Sai'zzel
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:41 am 

Approved and rewarded.

Post subject: Re: Uelaereene Sai'zzel
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:38 am 

Bio updated.

Some plot ideas and goals added and updated. Some words changed to fit drow language. Grammar and spelling revised (lol)

Uelaereene Sai'zzel - once I saw the stars...
Lil'ly Sai'zzel (alt) - oooh! a spider