All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Player? Introduce Yourself!
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:53 pm 

Hey everyone,

I'm Rudolph. I've already played one character to level 30 before I saw this thread. This is both my first ever online game and my first RPG game that includes actual human players. I did play Baldur's Gate when it came out and also NWN2, but what actually and possibly weirdly got me to get on this server was the character builder. I found it weirdly addictive and at some point I wanted to see at least some of my builds in the flesh.

Having said that, I'm not primarily grinding but really enjoy short to mid-length dialogues and joint ventures. Am still struggling a bit with the RP - once or twice I didn't know whether I pissed off a character or the player behind him or her, so I've largely stuck with friendly characters so far. My funnest experience was when my orc runt Uz died and my companion convinced some evil cleric to raise him at the cost of his teeth. The cleric then tried to goad Uz to attack his friend in order to get his teeth back. Toothlessly mumbling, Uz refused, however, and together with his friend got smith Thunderhammer to make him some adamantine dentures.

Anyway, after playing BGTSCC, I find it virtually impossible to go back to the computer only games. It's an amazing world you guys are creating and I'd like to thank everyone for their input!

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:27 pm 

Hello lads and lasses. New to the world of BG:TSCC. Rarely play on PW's. My initial account creation date should indicate as such (2012).

Last edited by Enialus Meliamne on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:50 am 

Aye Aye Mates and ladies.

I have not see this thread before. I'm Beragon currently playing Lantah.

So as a matter of introduction, I have a long experience of playing online NWN and NWN2. I did play and enjoyed RP by the past but life took away the opportunity to resume. Most of the mode where I ventured are most probably totally unknown to this community as those date from a long time back.

I appreciated the ambiance and community of BG TSCC of the mod, the design and way it's working, I remember how we did struggle in the early ages with NWN 2.

See you IG.

Please receive my best wishes for this oncoming year, whichever IG or in real life.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:33 pm 

[color=#0000FF]hello i am skyiba i have been playing nwn since its first release till now i also once long ago played here. i left when i started my own server which is now no longer mine and i no longer fit with the direction it took. so having lost my will to play i came back here to see if could recapture that long lost feeling i got with the rp and so forth trying to get back to my old exceptional rp skill which i lost over time and lack of use.. as i am downloading the server now to play i felt i should come here and introduce myself to those who may not know me and those who may know me.. so here goes.

i am a former gm, dm, adm, builder, forum admin and so much more. most of all above all that i have remained a faith full rp'er coming up from table top rp games like vampire the masquereade and so on. though i am not perfect i do strive for perfection as do my toons generaly.. i do stay ic as much as possible while keeping an ooc mind about me when dealing with folks ic.. at times this leads me to treat or give you ooc consideration while staying as close to ic as i can.. i remember wha it was like to be new and in a way i am new again.. i can be stern but fair in the way i go about things. i generaly dont care if you rp badly or great or not at all. i also try to treat you oocly as i would like to be treated sometimes this does bleed over to my ic toon enemy or not i tend to do raises either oocly or icly as i would hope someone else would do for me but i also reserve the right to not do so if i so choose.. we all have bad days now and then as well we can only do as much as we are able to icly or afford to..

i do also accept feed back on my rp as well so long as it is honest and helpful i cant improve if i dont know what im doing wrong.. once i get the lay of the land and a general idea of how things work on this server i will begin to delve deeper into my toon icly and begin to develop it further and further..

dm's feed back is welcomed as well as minor corrections and help with lore and so on as well as what is allowed here and not..

i am honest to a fault and as open as i can be to many questions and probbing so long as it isnt to personal i generaly do not do many screen shots for any reason past rp and so on but there are times when i will take the odd screenshot for various reasons.. sometimes it is good reason maybe i feel someone should recieve recognition for rp sometimes the opposite.

while i do strive to be a descent gamer i do not tolerate a bunch of crap whether in tells or not i dont go around bashing folks and i dont expect to be bashed either you may give an opinion or a warning as i am new to this place since i havent played here in over four years or so.

if i can help you i will as i may need help as well oocly.

well thats all i can think of to say up front right away. feel free to ask questions or what ever and i hope to rp with many of you eventualy once i get my bearings and so on..

heres to seeing you all in game soon as it downloads

~sky[/color]

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:36 pm 

Theres a such thing as new players ?

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=32079&hilit=crafting&start=30

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:57 am 

yes on til the secert have been relieve

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:11 pm 

Just found out about this at the BG forums, how did it take me this long to find my way here, ha.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:27 pm 

Hi, I have been playing for about two weeks. First time poster! This is not my first time on this server. I once popped on about a year ago but got distracted by life to put forth a true effort. I am currently running around adventuring as a Cleric of Tempus trying to familiarize myself with people in game and the goings on.

I am really enjoying myself this time around and hope to meet more of you.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:39 am 

Hey, what's up? I'm Strelok.
Been a big fan of D&D every since playing my first 3.5 game, although I'm more experienced with Pathfinder. I'm a pretty serious tabletop RPer, having played numerous games of Pathfinder, Shadowrun & even some (crappy) homebrew settings. I'm excited to get on the server and start playing since I love roleplaying. 8-)

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:23 am 

Hi there, I'm new to the server. I've only been on a couple of days (in between the server being down) and it seems like a great place.

I haven't played NWN2 online at all, I did play a ridiculous amount of NWN1 however, mostly on another persistent world called Torr.

I tend to lean towards melee based characters and my first character here is a dwarven Man-at-Arms just to try out the custom class here.

I do have a couple of questions that I couldn't find the answers to in the wikia though I don't know if this is the place for them:

1. Are the default NWN2 crafting skills used at all?
2. What are good areas to visit as a low level for adventure? I seem to be getting my butt kicked quite easily in a lot of places even when partying up, I'm currently level 3.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:52 pm 

Hey. I played a lot of NWN1. I usually play annoying characters or characters with really weird traits (my bad but not really). Just started playing NWN2 and im suprised to see it still exists. Been here about a month

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:04 am 

I'm going to make this pretty quick and simple. Brand new player to this particular PW, but not NWN2 in general, but I have been out of the scene for a little over a year. And considering most of the PWs I knew back then have dried up and disappeared, here I am!

So far the server runs and looks great, hopefully I'll find myself a comfortable play with you folk and we can have tons of fun.

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:22 pm 

Hey there, Kyrin Fireheart here. Played NWN1 and 2 for a long time and once long ago tried this particular server out for a very brief time(life got in the way). Somehow got the itch back and after a week of trying to get NWN2 to work on my rig I finally got it to work! Now just waiting for the boot at login mess to be done so I can finally play with you guys. Look for me in and around Baldur's Gate. I'll be the blood thirsty monk running headlong into battle.

Krag Earthenshield - Member of Kraak Helzak - Shield Dwarf Fighter/Rogue/Dwarven Defender

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:31 am 

I do not own a copy of Neverwinter Nights 2, making it quite questionable as to why I've signed up to these forums.
However, I have played literally countless hours of NWN1 online and used to love the roleplay, as well as hundreds of hours of BG 1 and 2 (and even IWD). I left NWN1 years ago and when I returned the RP servers I once loved were either completely empty or didn't exist at all.
NWN, I discovered was effectively dead. However, nwnscry's always bringing this server up in the top 3 most players on NWN2, so maybe it's time to branch out.
What I'm wondering is, is do you think that this server is worth buying NWN2? Based on the NWN1 experiences I'm sure you've all had, how does this compare? Look forward to hearing some responses, feel free to message me!

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:11 am 

its worth it, :), alot of the intial bugs of the nwn2 game mulityplayer have been work out by the community at large, Its a fun server, you will meet all sort of people. The theme is of the server kind of is, make what you want out it.

If you wanna be noble paladin, that fights undead hordes, if you wanna be an evil orc we got that to, or a tavern drunk.

We've got got heavy rp players if thats your thing, we got medium to light Rp'ers, grinders, and a mix of everything else. You can play in the world, explore and not even really need other players.

I think you can't get a better deal for $20.00 honestly. The story always changes here, sometimes it drags, sometimes it goes really quickly. I would for 10 year old game def worth it.

If not you will prlly get $20.00 worth of entertainment just walking around the environments :)

Kebur Balderden(Dwarven Defender)
Duragin Balderden(Battle Rager)

Mathom Lionheart (paladin of Tyr)

Agronak Kogan (Orc Shamen) viewtopic.php?f=153&t=45250

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next