All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 151  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thread of infinite appreciation!!
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:17 am 

Your thanksgiving wont reach him as he left the server about a year ago.

Before he left I sent Tfunke a message about the hive.

Nachti wrote:

Hey tfunke :D

today I joined a mixed party at the ilithid mines with my dwarf monk. They thought of me to be still under illithid control, so I had to prove myself (after one drow tried to strike me with a bottle to see if i am an illusion). I lead them to the place where my dwarf almost got enthralled in the past - the hive.
An archer, an assassin, an monk and a wizard. They were exited about the stuff sold there: Implants, worms. We went into the portal to the dungeon. A golem...a mindflayer........a cage with a golem....easy monsters, all fine.
I thought we would just run the snail way to the middle, but then we ported into a whole new area. It looked like the hives of baldurs gate. We were rushed by a illithid and a intellect devourer. Nasty monsters. They use two magical attacks.
Our wizard took the wrong portal and had to move to the hive again. We explored two rooms before he managed to get back to us. I didnt believe it what i saw next.
A beholder, a mind witness. I knew them from the books. A combination of illithid and beholder. ~12 HD and CR 15. eyerays, magic cone, psionic blast, psionics. These beasts are nightmares....
Another room was filled with 3-5 illithid sorcerer that spammed IGMs, another moment i was not sure if we would survive this, but our own IGMs/arrows and my spellresistance saved us.

Our buffs were dispelled, our magic exhaused. We decided to move out again for rest. The exit led us to some new part of the snail. Instead of getting out, we went deeper by mistake. At the time our saves started to fail frequently. Sometimes our half team was stunned by a mindblast. I have no clue, but we made it to the front of the elder brain.
We wouldnt make it back the way out so we prepared for the last fight. 1-2 golems, 2 ilithid sorcerer, the two brain tentacles, an althoorn at back........and i charged the sorcerers.
I couldnt kill them before they buff, and someone cast bigys on me. So i only disabled one of them while my crew killed the golem and the other sorcerer. It seemed that everyone did cast his spells on me. I was like one hit before dead all the time. Healkit, low, healkit, low, healkit! The minions died to us but the tentacles killed the wizard and the assassin got killed by firestorms. Finally the biggy went off and i could move again. Somehow i couldnt hit the tentacles at the pool. I think they can only be attacked by range. Our archer slowly took care of them while i took out the last illithid at back.
I didnt believe it, but we managed to get throught the hive with exhausing every potion/kit and without mind protection.
We killed beholders, undead ilithids and a brain like on the way......with just a level 17 party. We did it!
And my duergar proved to be no thrall.^^

Its really a nice area you made. Well done!

tfunke wrote:
Wow that is one of the best things I've ever read on here! Makes me so happy!
Thanks for taking the time to write that up, it's really good to know how the area is getting used, because since I added it, I've heard so little about it that it was slightly disappointing at times.
It's weird, because such a large portion of the servers population has never even seen the area.
Sounds like you all had a great dungeon crawl and came out the other end to tell the tale. Pure awesome! :)

So you know, he is now proud of the area ;)

Mayolin Auvrytyl
:Fahliel of Sshamath:

Ramon Manaq'tara
:Wizard Outcast:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:42 am 

Just needed to thank those that participated in my event yesterday/last night. You stuck with it despite late night delirium and my long intermission.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:02 am 

Rumor has it that a certain DM named Silverfox put on a hell of a show last night. Was one of the best dinner parties I have had the priviledge nay! THE HONOR to participate in ever! Was a lot of fun and well worth even the delays. Thank you so much DM SILVERFOX!

Bring me your sorrow and I will bring you revenge. Let the Lord of Three Thunders ring the toll for your sorrow. Let him who holds the coin of fait judge them for you. I will pray for thee. Then I will seek justice for thee. Let them fear their own demise. Let them fear the thunder.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:17 pm 
BGTSCC Quality Control

Thank you for a great event, Ghost! We all agreed that it was awesome. Much kudos and thank you!!

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:12 am 

Wow, can I just give a shout out and a few words of appreciation to Invoker.

I just want to say, even though I couldn't be there due to my surgery yesterday... all I needed to "see and feel" the story, is right there. Absolutely Fantastic writing and story telling.

Love it. Thank you !! :)

Subject: En Dharasha Everae RP thread

Invoker wrote:
Vendetta

The whirlwind of steel and forest green that was Mendel charged the horde of Walking Dead with avenging frenzy, decaying limbs and rotting body parts raining in his trail.
Whenever one of the life craving monsters was struck down, three more were taking its place...and three more were cut down in a furious dance of death.
Kind and just in times of peace, it was easy to forget the feral, inexorable killer within him, surfacing when his people needed the most.

First Wizard Ithilwen kept placing key spells with uncanny precision, minimizing the power expense and obtaining devastating results, her weaves so cold they could make even the dead shiver as testament of her skill level.
All the while, her face remained a blank, cold mask devoid of any kind of emotion in spite of the gruesome murder of their ranger brothers, the ghastly army closing in on them or the sheer size of the Golems towering over the scene.

The dark figure managed to get a glimpse of Amy using all her blessings, considerable swordsmanship and uncanny agility to keep countless walking corpses at bay while her sister Del supported her with her magical gifts, and of Gabriela blasting as many of the abominations as she could while trying to keep out of their reach...Then, eternal instants later, they came for him.

They rose out of the mud all around him, grabbing him, pounding on his wards, clawing at his life thread. He let them. He felt the strain on his defenses, mirror images shattering, barrier spells weakening...his anger rising.
When he was satisfied with the amount of them massed around him, he thrust his arms towards the sky, ancient Loross words coming out of his mouth as the trance every mage of power knows all too well took hold of him:

"Soul Sunder"

He chuckled darkly when every last one of the monsters fell limp, the bond with their master severed. With the dead Dharashan still vivid in his mind's eye, he turned his vindictive, burning glare towards his new targets as he stepped forward, hands raising, ready to weave again:

"And wait to see what I have in store for your master, puppets..."

A burst of magical energy was shaped into an inferno, engulfing the next attacking wave and leaving only charred remains in its wake...

Amaryl Tyr'Dlues - "Beautiful Hunter"

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:08 pm 
BGTSCC Quality Control

Thank you to DMs Ghost, Pancake, Bloodlust and Golem for the various events I've played of yours in recent weeks/months! I really appreciate the story telling and the effort you put in to my enjoyment and the enjoyment of others.

Also big thanks to all the players that spend time with me in game, through pms or on the forums. Is always fun when I have a chance to play and all of you make for good times!

Chord Silverstrings - <<<--- Has delusions of grandeur

Lucan Stalkingwolf - Protege of Mendel, EDE

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:24 am 

SeedsOfDoubt wrote:
Wow, can I just give a shout out and a few words of appreciation to Invoker.

I just want to say, even though I couldn't be there due to my surgery yesterday... all I needed to "see and feel" the story, is right there. Absolutely Fantastic writing and story telling.

Love it. Thank you !! :)

Right back at you, Seeds. I would not have anything to write without great characters like yours to play with. I am glad you enjoyed it :).

Quote:
Thank you to DMs Ghost, Pancake, Bloodlust and Golem for the various events I've played of yours in recent weeks/months! I really appreciate the story telling and the effort you put in to my enjoyment and the enjoyment of others.

Absolutely agreed.

It seemed a dreadful injustice that such wise races should perish at the hand of creatures who were still little more than animals. It was as if vultures feasted on a poet only able to stare at them as they slowly robbed him of an exquisite existence they would never appreciate, never understand

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:40 pm 
BGTSCC Area Designer

I would like to be the first to say THANK YOU to DM Theophanies and all the DM's for the Enchanting Event today in the farmlands. A very fun time and promoted Tons of RP !!

+1000

Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:46 pm 

HUZZAH i ditto your words Lisa

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:28 am 

Agreed. I really wish I could have been there more. :-)

Deleniel Vanaer: Wood Elven Sor. . . cook.

If you put your foot in your mouth. . . don't start walking. . .

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:14 am 

I've now been back for a week after a rather big break from the server, and I must say I am enjoying my self again. Loads of RP, loads of DM events, loads of DM activity.. Keep up the good work guys.. :)

Euro!

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:30 am 

I want to thank DM Silverfox from the bottom of my heart here. Your events have been just Uber awesome to me and I look forward to more!

Also a big shout out to Golem for working with me and helping me to understand things around here from their perspective and opening my eyes to the fun that can be had here!

Lastly thank you to all the players, developers and monsters. Who have put up with my horrid attitude over the years. Looking forward to more RP with you all! Except you monsters!

Bring me your sorrow and I will bring you revenge. Let the Lord of Three Thunders ring the toll for your sorrow. Let him who holds the coin of fait judge them for you. I will pray for thee. Then I will seek justice for thee. Let them fear their own demise. Let them fear the thunder.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:05 pm 

I also want to give Silverfox the recognition he deserves, that mercenary-hiring event you formed was a slightly western-themed blast and a proliferation of positivity. Oh, and it was fun taking the whole share of the money unbeknownst to everyone else. :evil:

The (#2) that I'm saying, make sure it's heard
Motherf**k you and your punk-ass ghetto bird

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:54 pm 
Substitute Admin

I want to give a short, but very sincere, thank you to DM Gogo for maintaining the birthday thread tradition.

I know it's silly, and maybe a little sentimental, but I feel like it's important that everyone should have someone to wish them a "happy birthday" on the day they were born. Everyone should know that, and feel that, they're appreciated as a member of this community, and as a member of this world.

Thank you for keeping it going, Gogo, while I am sleeping under the mountain.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:55 pm 

A big thanks to Vendel, Mendel and Vendor for the comedy skit by the auction house. Short message due to being at work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 151  Next