All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Commission : Riknueth Zotreth
Unread postPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:53 am 

The artwork above does not belong to me, but was done by an artist whom I had the pleasure of roleplaying with many many years ago. I figure I would post it here to share her view of my PC Riknueth Zotreth.

"I live where secrets hide and thrive where dangers dwell with blades concealed and sharpened well. For wealth and power I will break both lock and spell if I am taken by death's embrace I shall die well." - Riknueth Zotreth

Post subject: Re: Commission : Riknueth Zotreth
Unread postPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:26 am 

I like it. :)

Does Riknueth have a weapon like that ingame? Looks scary!

Fat Ned - *burp!*
Jan van Edelhof - "Ahem!"

Unread postPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:22 pm 

He did once upon a time!

He originated on a UO Roleplay Shard I played about 8 years ago. Powerful Magical items were extremely difficult to acquire, almost non-existent. During a GM/DM run event they summoned a powerful monster and once we killed it the loot table was never changed and everyone began grabbing everything, but I managed to grab a cleaver much like a butcher would use. The magical properties on it where ridiculously amazing so I made it my personal weapon. I roleplayed it as an adamantine blade I called Orbb Caluss (Spider Eater) that I used to strike fear into surface dwellers and drow alike. Riknueth's roleplay took him from being your run of the mill Drow Assassin to a Banshee Lord of Kiaransalee and Patriarch of his own house "Delmah d' Roolaren" (House of Rogues). I know males are normally not allowed such a station, but there were not many females played on the Shard that played Matrons. Female Drow either quit after a while or ended up under Riknueth's charm, because with his age and amount time spent roleplaying he was just too powerful even for a Priestess of Lloth.

I am hoping to play him here, but wanted to know how the Drow Community was on BGTSCC and have yet to find an answer.

"I live where secrets hide and thrive where dangers dwell with blades concealed and sharpened well. For wealth and power I will break both lock and spell if I am taken by death's embrace I shall die well." - Riknueth Zotreth

Unread postPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:11 pm 

UO! SO many good memories. :cry:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:25 pm 
Recognized Member of BGTSCC

Riknueth wrote:
but wanted to know how the Drow Community was on BGTSCC and have yet to find an answer.

This link here takes you to the Gloura's Wing thread:

viewforum.php?f=18

It has almost everything you need to know about the UD and Sshamath, and quite a bit of great reading. After reading the posts, you'll get to know the more prominent players of the UD.

And here's the link to an excellent guide to getting started in the UD:

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=39216

Unread postPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:29 pm 

And here's a recent-ish thread about the guilds in the UD:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=46413

Hope these help!

Unread postPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:40 am 

@TheKai

Thank you kindly!

I have been reading the lore and overall just browsing the forums because I am on a night shift this week. I have never played NWN2 before so trying to grasp the concept and won't be able to actually buy the game until Friday. (Gotta love pay day). After going through the guild listing and the overall positivity from the players I look forward to officially joining BGTSCC.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:44 am 

Riknueth wrote:
@TheKai

Thank you kindly!

I have been reading the lore and overall just browsing the forums because I am on a night shift this week. I have never played NWN2 before so trying to grasp the concept and won't be able to actually buy the game until Friday. (Gotta love pay day). After going through the guild listing and the overall positivity from the players I look forward to officially joining BGTSCC.

You're welcome! You'll get the hang of it in no time. And the UD players are helpful and great people, OOCly of course :) IG is another matter entirely ;)

Unread postPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:01 am 

TheKai wrote:
You're welcome! You'll get the hang of it in no time. And the UD players are helpful and great people, OOCly of course :) IG is another matter entirely ;)

I would have it no other way for what intricate webs we weave unknowing if you are the hunter or the prey. Speaking of which I see that in order for PvP to commence both parties have to consent. Can I permanently toggle the "PvP Consent"?

Unread postPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:25 am 

You can write a line or two in your IG description that you consent to PvP at all times. Some also specify for what scenarios that would apply to. If you are trying to kill someone who does not have such a tag in the description, then you need to follow the PvP rules. Not many people consent to PvP like that (IE open PvP) but there are some.

The hostile toggle button is only a mechanical thing, it is not to be seen as an IC thing. It does not mark consent. Consent must be sought through IC means, IE if someone is preparing for battle, they have consented. If my character has an enemy, I could toggle them hostile as soon as I see them log on. It does not mean anything, other than that attacks and certain spells work properly against the target. People usually toggle hostile when it looks like PvP is happening. It does not always mean it will happen, of course. Especially if one party backs out.

It is an interesting piece of drow artwork, I find! Your character looks quite shy to me :lol:

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress.

Editor-in-Chief of The Herald & member of the White Mask Theater
Steward of Pathfinder Hall

Unread postPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:59 pm 

Riknueth is flamboyant, vain and above all things a sadist. He is for lack of a better words feminine. He kept his hair extremely long falling to his ankles braided into a single ceremonial braid. He kept his nails finely manicured sharpened to points with his hands decorated with silver rings on all his fingers except his thumbs. (Sign of Kiaransalee) He was well known for the ornate nail file he kept in his hair and brush he used to groom his hair. He looked for beauty in all things which led to some interesting and awkward RP when dealing with other males. *wink*

Seductive and Deadly would be the best way to describe him and even acquired a nick name of Bare *** Assassin when another male attempted to take his place as Patriarch while he was entertaining a Matron. He killed the fool wearing nothing but jewelry and smile with his blade Orbb Caluss in hand. Of course that led to OOC drame, because the one defeated Raged at the fact he had been beating so badly...

I will defiantly add the consent thing into my profile, because I personally will always consent to PvP as it is a great part of being a Drow. I hope it always doesn't end in PvP, but I do not think others need my permission to attack if it is warranted.