All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Ithilwen quick character sketch
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:36 pm 
Substitute Admin

What? You did all this?

This is phenomenal work, Solaris. I'm very impressed! Not only are you a skilled artist, but you're capable of expressing it through so many media and styles that I am just speechless!

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:33 am 

I did, whatever medium suits best for my time available ;) Hotels give me time to sketch but not color on a computer.

Big spider from DM Ioulaum's event.

symbol that seems to appear around the cloudpeaks of late...

Kael and Ith in reverie... can't get more sweet than this I guess... Not for these two anyway ;)

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:41 am 

Put a bit more work in a toonsketch for a change... Still work in progress but here is a picture of my other character Annunien (Laira)

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:14 pm 

Yeeeep I need to start painting Again!

Like always I adore your work xx

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:16 pm 

Solaris wrote:

This is my favourite so far

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:26 am 

Ty! Does show a bit of emotion that picture :) and ehm... You! Start drawing again! XD

Unread postPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:32 am 

A much younger Annunien.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:29 am 

After 4 years of digi-art torture on an 8 year old notebook that was half broken and had the speed of a snail... and working with paint and Gimp (for me it was torture, no offense) after I lost my photoshop student licence since well...I am no longer a student...

I finally found Photoshop Elements and hells... I know its not the full program and its only the lite version but heavens!!! I can do some progress and practise in Digi drawing once more!

Really... it feels as if I can breathe again! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No more fade to black and loss of details around 75% every time you turn it to JPEG! WOOT!!!

I still need to buy it, it's only the trial so far but I like it! I did this piece yesterday evening to get familiar once more with Photoshop and in particular Elements... As it stands now I'll run to the store to buy it. Why didn't I know this before!!!

It's my character Annunien in the snow. If you see her like this it might...be the last thing you see...

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:50 am 

Solaris wrote:
After 4 years of digi-art torture on an 8 year old notebook that was half broken and had the speed of a snail... and working with paint and Gimp (for me it was torture, no offense) after I lost my photoshop student licence since well...I am no longer a student...

I finally found Photoshop Elements and hells... I know its not the full program and its only the lite version but heavens!!! I can do some progress and practise in Digi drawing once more!

No more fade to black and loss of details around 75% every time you turn it to JPEG! WOOT!!!

I still need to buy it, it's only the trial so far but I like it! I did this piece yesterday evening to get familiar once more with Photoshop and in particular Elements... As it stands now I'll run to the store to buy it. Why didn't I know this before!!!

It's my character Annunien in the snow. If you see her like this it might...be the last thing you see...

I think one of the old versions of Photoshop can be downloaded for free from Adobe's own website. Some 31 or 36, can't remember.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:53 am 
BGTSCC Area Designer

That is awesome! wow!

Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:51 pm 

Hoihe wrote:
Solaris wrote:

I think one of the old versions of Photoshop can be downloaded for free from Adobe's own website. Some 31 or 36, can't remember.

Yeah I tried that. :) I believe it was CS2. Support and maintenance stopped so you could download it via your Adobe ID. I never really owned CS2 though so I can't make it work.

A true pity! But perhaps Elements might be enough for now.

:)