All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Custom Appearances
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:44 pm 

Have a custom armor but don't have or know how to upload the file. Was wondering if I could just show a picture of what I want and someone could create it and add it to the armor changer. This would be easier for me to do as I am not good with technical stuff. Can this be done?

Agathion Benedictus: Holy Priest.
Tiax Rules-All: Gnomish madman.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:28 am 
Head DM

V'rass wrote:
Have a custom armor but don't have or know how to upload the file. Was wondering if I could just show a picture of what I want and someone could create it and add it to the armor changer. This would be easier for me to do as I am not good with technical stuff. Can this be done?

Hi

We can't do this. The rules for custom appearances are in Echo's posts at the beginning of this thread. Also I see the player Deathgrowl offers to help people who are not toolset savvy, perhaps give him a PM to help you out!

PVP Rules

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:30 am 
Head DM

Hi everyone,

For now PM the requests for importation to the whole DM group and the ADM group rather than just to DM Echo. Echo is having internet trouble and we will try and cover this task.

DM Golem

PVP Rules

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:40 pm 

Want to confirm... are you saying to pm every dm or just a few with the file?

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:36 pm 

Also want to clarify one more time. If possible i dont just wish the armor for myself. I would like to see it added to the appearence options with the others so all can use it and so i wont have to keep remaking them for +1, +2, +3... ect. Can this be done?

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:25 pm 

Ok the files have been sent. If any of the files have errors which prevent their importation please let me know quickly so I can fix them.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:20 pm 

Btw... even though it may be a long time before my stuff is available for mass distribution, now that I know how to make and upload templates I am willing to make more stuff for the server or individuals should they want. Item crafting is the easiest thing to do in the toolset. I can make just about anything one could imagine.

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:26 pm 
DM

I will be covering custom appearance requests until further notice, so please PM your valid custom appearance .erfs towards me. If you had a request pending for over a month, send it to me again, both to refresh my memory and in the event that I may have accidentally deleted your request.

Remember that if you fail to follow the directions laid out in the OP, I will not bring your item into the game!

Text in pink is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the DM Team in general!

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:47 pm 

I'm not sure if this belongs here, apologies if it does not. This topic got my attention as I like pretty things for my girls. Is there any chance we will see a hak like the "ink pot" and crafting options in NWN1 where we have more control over either the entire color scheme or more model options to change solitary pieces within each model of each item of clothing?

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:55 pm 
DM

To my knowledge, while haks allowing that level of customization are available in NWN2, this server does not implement those haks due to various bugs and issues that they tend to have.

While it may be possible one day to improve on the current appearance changer system, for the time being you will want to use the toolset if you wish to have the customization options you are after.

Text in pink is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the DM Team in general!

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:08 pm 

DM Ditto wrote:
To my knowledge, while haks allowing that level of customization are available in NWN2, this server does not implement those haks due to various bugs and issues that they tend to have.

While it may be possible one day to improve on the current appearance changer system, for the time being you will want to use the toolset if you wish to have the customization options you are after.

Is there a special way I need to set up my NWN2 for toolsetting to make sure what I make will transfer her perfectly? (Or did I overlook that in my excitement to ask my question? *blush*)

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:31 pm 
DM

The toolset can be found in the NWN2 folder. For example, if you have gotten Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete from Good Old Games, it would be under "[Drive]\GoG Games\Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete", and the file name would be "NWN2ToolsetLauncher.exe".

The toolset is not hard to use, but it can be intimidating. I highly recommend the
Don't Panic PDF file if you are just cutting your teeth on it.

If you want to make a custom appearance for a piece of equipment that you already have in-game, please follow the instructions in the very first post of this thread - it gives you a step-by-step breakdown of the things you need to do to customize, and what makes your custom appearance acceptable for transfer.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:41 am 

Forgive my ignorance im a new player, but I noticed many different custom appearance options ingame. So, would this change in appearance only be allowed for the person requesting it? How does it affect other characters and their items. Will there be a greater variety for everyone if players customize individual items?

Second question: How many different combinations of items are there?

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:37 pm 
DM

Choggs wrote:
Forgive my ignorance im a new player, but I noticed many different custom appearance options ingame. So, would this change in appearance only be allowed for the person requesting it?

Yes. These appearances will not be submitted to the general appearance changer; they are for you and you alone.

Quote:
Second question: How many different combinations of items are there?

A lot, limited only by the haks that the BGTSCC server uses. There are a few textures that are not permitted to be a custom appearance of, though, and some of those are listed in the opening topic. Let me know if you have any further questions! :)

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:42 pm 

Ok, I'm brand knew to toolset, but I was able to enter a random value to create an appearance. Is there a list anywhere to have and idea what number to enter model 1 ,2, and 3 instead of just random appearance. So id have an idea of what to enter as values.

Thanks