All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: RP-Critique/Support/Self Monitoring Club
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:12 am 
Recognized Member of BGTSCC

Nachti wrote:
Well, you rolled against the DC of the spell which the skull's aura was crafted. I suggest you go through the Illusion spelllist, compile the spells you want to use and calcucalte the spell's DC according to your character stats.

It might be best to tell your intentions to the DM so he can be prepared. But please dont overstress silverfox.

Note: You do great RP, its just the cherry on the cake we speak of ;) .

I see. Ill take a look at a couple of spells and see where I end up and choose which to use. Thanks again!

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:09 pm 

Since I've shelved Sparrow for now, I'd like people to pitch in and give me their feedback on her, how I've managed to portray her so far, how she carries herself, and so forth, so I know what I should pay attention to for future attempts at roleplay.

I also don't mind questions if it helps you formulate an informed answer (or you're just bloody curious), and if you don't feel like making the question(s) public, send a PM!

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:44 pm 

Can I get critique on my characters "Esther Tallan" or "Elle Carroll"? Particularly, I'm worried that they don't feel like very real people or that they're kinda just slightly-tweaked clones of my previous characters; that they have the same "feel".

Also, general mistakes I make roleplaying that aren't specific to characters are super-important! I remember when I first started here, I definitely didn't even get the basics right, like RP'ing your character sheet, so feedback is definitely helpful! (Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings! You're helping me!)

Edit:
Specifically suggestions on things that I should do, what you'd do in my position, or things that I should stop doing would be awesome!

Feedback on my RP, bios, area building, grammar, sense of humor, career choices, etc? PM me!

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:59 am 

Hello ladies and gentlemen I'm hoping I could get some Critique and Support on Medune.

So far I'm sticking with the idea of getting the names of people wrong, sometimes I've laughed while typing out the wrong names and other times i feel its fallen flat. So i would like critique opinions and suggestions to enhance the joke and maybe clue people in on it who have never been a victim.

While I have been playing Medune as mostly comedic relief there is a serious side to him and i was wondering how i could do better to differentiate his change in moods, so far as the serious side goes I've tried dropping some of the jokes of his character like his naivety, getting names wrong and made him speak a bit more fluently when he is being serious. So i would appreciate some support and suggestions on making it clearer.

When developing Medunes personality one of the things i thought about was how whenever i've played PnP me and my friends were always laughing and often hysterically, i hope to bring that joy to my RP and others. I sneak external refences to pop culture and other things in my RP and jokes. I'd like to know if i've gone too far or missed the mark with those jokes and where its better to apply them, for the most part its been in giving every party he's been in a team name.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:41 am 
BGTSCC Area Designer

I love everything about Medune... don't change a thing! :)

Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:43 am 

i think your RP of Medune is spot on it's nice to have a comedic relief character around that's why we talked for a hour or so about a message that was like 2 months old i found that halarious

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:36 am 
BGTSCC Quality Control

I've started RPing with my new character, Estig, a bit more lately. Does anyone have any tips, critiques, or comments on him? If so, please share them on here or through PMs! Thank you! (Give me your honest opinions and don't hold back)

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:27 am 

Really how believable is Ronin Marcus. I try to play him as a young naive, paladin that tends to make rash decision, even though he is a favored paladin of helm. He tends not to talk much to new faces or even just stands and watch other during conversation due to not knowing what to say. What could I do better.

I know this is a bit late.. seein that I have not been on in about 6 months, and not even sure how many players out there really remember Ronin.

Samuel Quinn: the sickly mage, may or may not be a pick pocket

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:46 am 

Just throwing this out there, anyone playing with Drayvie Zoh'kyr, i'd appreciate some feed back. It's been a while since i played and I'm still getting back into the feel of his character. You can read up on his journals and see if there is a difference from back in the day to now. And yes, before you make the comparison I drew a lot of inspiration for Dray's story from the chronicles of Riddick. (Which if I need to revist his character i have the xbox 360 games and i might just give them another play through) Any critique would be helpful. My main question is am I playing his 8 wis and 6 cha right... though low wis with high int (18) i feel would make him smart, but a bit reckless at times.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:40 am 

DonnieDreams wrote:
Just throwing this out there, anyone playing with Drayvie Zoh'kyr, i'd appreciate some feed back. It's been a while since i played and I'm still getting back into the feel of his character. You can read up on his journals and see if there is a difference from back in the day to now. And yes, before you make the comparison I drew a lot of inspiration for Dray's story from the chronicles of Riddick. (Which if I need to revist his character i have the xbox 360 games and i might just give them another play through) Any critique would be helpful. My main question is am I playing his 8 wis and 6 cha right... though low wis with high int (18) i feel would make him smart, but a bit reckless at times.

Low Wisdom on rogues makes perfect sense because they are risktakers by default. But a 6 Cha would make you absolutely intolerable. When I played a 6 CHA Orc I blatantly insulted every single party member I had and ended up alone often as a result.

D&D actually compares your charisma to that of a Troll. I would avoid RP'ing that charisma with: eating your bogers or farting every 5 seconds, as it's very overdone and boring. He can't just be horrifically ugly either since Charisma encompasses personality moreso then looks. A 6 Cha should be apparent as soon as someone talks to you, that's the only advice I have since you seemed semi normal when I ran into you. Good luck

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:38 pm 

THE GREAT DIPLOMAT!

I have been rolling around an idea in my ahead for a few weeks now: a character with very low wisdom, rock bottom charisma, and a smathering of other stats that is delusional in thinking that he is the greatest diplomat on the face of the earth.

Every action he takes seethes of condescension and insults.

Basically, he is the most annoying and repulsive character in the realm.

This character would take no actions on a battlefield, but would rather try to get others to do his bidding for him. He feels he is above combat.

Now this is where the idea gets interesting: another character of mine would have previous dealings with the "Great" Diplomat. She loathes him with a passion because he is qutie frankly despicable. She puts out a 1,000 gold bounty on his head and we see how long the Great Diplomat survives in the Sword Coast before getting murdered.

Thoughts?

Jimmy Farmer: Slayer of bandits and ditcher of chores!

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:31 am 

So, I've been playin' with Zhar for quite some time now, and I would like to ask what do you think about my RW.
The basic idea was to play an RW, who is a bit more patient and polite then the usual. Of course there are things which upset him easily. Oh and sorry for my grammar and typos.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:58 am 

TheLier wrote:
So, I've been playin' with Zhar for quite some time now, and I would like to ask what do you think about my RW.
The basic idea was to play an RW, who is a bit more patient and polite then the usual. Of course there are things which upset him easily. Oh and sorry for my grammar and typos.

I've only had one short, but for me memorable interaction with your PC. Definitely I saw the patience and politeness you mention; but I also got the hints of something more prickly underneath. And my character did do his best to poke around that! :)

He seems a well played Red Wizard in foreign lands, to me.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:26 am 

Any thoughts on Martín Ravel, the geeky bard?
I love playing him, even though RPing a wordy character can be quite challenging for a non-English speaker (cheers for those who often help me with misspelling!). Still, I'd really appreciate hearing some feedback from you guys. Thanks a lot!

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:42 pm 

Any thought on Kagger?
No seriously, rip me a new one.

"Finally found where I belong."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next