All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HELP WANTED: All Postions
Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:40 am 

It's time to shake the bushes people! :D

We need some help! We need skilled people of all positions.

Scripters, Item Creators, Quest Creators, NPC Conversation Creators, Interior Builders and other positions.

Anyone who is interested must pass two requirements

1. Prior experience is a must. In the past we didn't mind training people on the job but we are to large to take on that responsibility at this point. The ability to produce quality work is a must.

2. You must be a Team player. It's a rough job sometimes. It's definitely a lot of work. Anyone who is interested needs to know that a lot of responsibility comes with each position. We can't afford to keep bringing people on the team who end up losing interest way to soon.

If after all of that you are still interested please let us know. We need help in the worst way. This place has the potential to be so much more than just the largest PW for NWN2. But we need skilled and motivated people to get there.

Thanks

As Faerûn proudly presents us with more.

- Revendar the Far-Traveled,
“ Rhyme of the Road,”
Year of the Serpent

Post subject: Re: HELP WANTED: All Postions
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:08 pm 
Global Admin

* Bump *

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:41 pm 

I'm intrested but i'm only familer with being a DM..I mostly was a DM on NWN1.. But I'm always messing around in the DM form testing all sorts of things out..Thx alot Lily Night-Walker

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:51 pm 

Cyron_Zarva and I work as a team, too bad Joel left us, and we would be interested in helping out. I assume that you would like a sample piece of work? Send me a PM and tell me what you would like. We are proficient with the tool set and have a good amount of experience.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:46 am 
Global Admin

kk

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:06 pm 

Well I have only been enjoying the community for a short time, however I am generally on either working on my own areas or in game most days as my work is out of my home I have a substantial amount of free time I put into these worlds so might as well offer a hand if needed. i am very familiar with with all the lore revolving around the current baldurs setting in the time period being used as well as past and present. Considerable knowledge with the tool system so anything from quest creation to npc dialogue would not be an issue for me to help with. However, most my experience is with nwn1 but I doubt that would be an issue. If you need anything feel free to pm me.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:12 pm 
Global Admin

Sending you a PM soulare... Thansk

BTW.. we got a scripter it looks like which was the position I think we needed the most. Will announce this later.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:40 am 

I vote for what yyrkoon said that sounds so fun!!! I've love to have battles over relics :mrgreen:

Yasha~Female Human Surface
Flax~Male Drow UD
Norian~Male Duerger UD
My Rogues you'll have to find: 2 Surface 2 UD

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:59 am 

I would like to throw my hat in...

As you already know I am stuck in Iraq so I have a good amount of free time in the GMT +3 timezone.

I have experience DMing NWN1 and NWN2, I generally specialize in dynamic content to bring a server to life. In other words I can bounce around the server fairly quickly making sure that *almost* every player has some kind micro-event, which works wonders for immersion in a server. From children chasing a local hero or a goblin pleading for his life in the forest, to a helpful old man explaining how Baldurs Gate works to an eager new adventurer. I am for the most part a "Flavor" DM, however I have the advantage of being able to touch base with *several* players in a sitting which allows me to keep an eye on a large portion of the server. I believe this benefits a server much more than any scripted event ever could because it can adapt to the people involved, it is much more personal and real.

I am a disciplined person and work very well in a team, three years in the military has taught me that. I have played and DM'd PnP games in 2nd and 3rd editions, and have played all of the Bioware/TSR Baldurs Gate games.

I have been playing on the server for around 4 or 5 months now, which I realize is normally shorter than is generally accepted for DMing. However in that time I feel I have shown exceptional ability to RP. My user name is "Droolguynwn2" and my main character is "Sarran Kev". I don't believe I have ever had any complaints against me.

In closing I would love to receive this responsibility, I feel that I am very qualified for the position. I enjoy helping other players and have always loved being a DM. I would like to point out that I have not used the DM interface since I started playing on this server, and so would request a couple days of grace in order to re-acquaint myself with it. I can start immediately if required though.

Thank you for your time and I will await your reply.

P.S. I am applying under the Quest Creators & NPC Conversation Creators category, just in an unorthodox way.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:02 am 

I have a sample piece ready. I just need to know where to send it.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:30 pm 
Global Admin

Me

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:51 am 

How hard is it to learn t use the toolset? I know that's a hard question to answer, but for an average person. I've fooled around with it a little in the past but never really did much with it. With my new work schedule I have lots of free time and if I can figure it out maybe I could offer some help. Could you recommend a good manual to start off with? Thanks in advance.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:41 am 
Retired Staff

Everybody can learn to use the toolset. What makes the difference is the creativity and eye for detail that a person put into it ;)

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:07 pm 

Cool. Maybe I'll fool around with it next week. I've been playing AD&D since 1986 (I'm old, I know) and I have a lot of ideas floating around in my old brain so who knows?

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:29 pm 

Knightmare wrote:
Everybody can learn to use the toolset. What makes the difference is the creativity and eye for detail that a person put into it ;)

Well.....

If all your into is designing areas, yeah, but some of the functionality of the toolset requires knowledge of structures of the C programming language and relational database experience.

So only delve into what you are comfortable with. If you start thinking that you have to do everything, then you'll freak yourself out. Begin with terrain forms and texturing, then play with placeables and creatures.

If you get stuck, post in the Community Toolset threads and you'll get help.