All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: HELP WANTED: All Postions
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:22 pm 
Retired Staff

I noticed a message in game that said you were looking for area builders and scripters.

I have a decent amount of experience with putting my own nwn1 and nwn2 modules together, a decent knowledge of the game mechanics, the toolset, the filetypes and the actionscript language.

I know generally how to create custom feats, classes, races, spells and some of the limitations of that.

Some of the systems I've made in my own modules: Custom home/rent.. Dynamic Guild manager system, Secondary Class Skill.. Elemental crafting system, Drug/Alcohol effects system. Bathroom style doors (Lock only when someone is in the room) .. I made my own death handling scripts.. I expanded on, tweaked, or dumbed down various popular community works for my own modules.. :P I've designed and implemented my own GUI objects/projects.. some based on KEMO's work..
I really feel like I can pretty much do anything.. :P given the time and a sound design. Just not 3dsmax work or custom model making or anything like that.

The only public release I have is my custom summons project, which is on the vault:
tigerbomb's Custom Summons System

Both my modules and their files were lost on a laptop I no longer have :/ so sadly I cannot offer a whole portfolio of my work.. but I can remake them of course, maybe better than they were.

Anyways.. not going to sell myself too much.. take it or leave it! ha!
:P

“I’m different. I have a different constitution, I have a different brain, I have a different heart. I got tiger blood, man.” - Charlie Sheen

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:15 pm 

sound interesting... and you can make crafting systems!... ? ... :D

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:27 pm 
Retired Staff

mute83 wrote:
sound interesting... and you can make crafting systems!... ? ... :D

Certainly... :D

“I’m different. I have a different constitution, I have a different brain, I have a different heart. I got tiger blood, man.” - Charlie Sheen

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:15 pm 
BGTSCC Lead Programmer

That Custom summoning / Pokemon / Capture your own summons system would go great with a few custom spells. :geek:

How would you explain it lore-wise though, when it dies in battle? If it's a creature from Faerun that you summon would it still be summoning? Won't that be a teleport spell? Normal Summons are just banished back to their own plane when they die but a creature native to Faerun is already "home" so it should die and stay dead. You wouldn't be able to summon it twice then unless you captured an Outsider / planar creature.

I suppose a Jarring spell could be used that stores the creature on death and releases it through a custom summoning spell. You'd have a binding spell then as well to capture a (new) creature there by replacing the current one.

An epic "summoning" spell might even produce copies of PC's? Though then you end up with the same lore problem - If they die they should really be dead since they are supposed to be native to Faerun.

Another neat thought is to give rangers and druids the task of capturing their animal companions instead of getting them magically assigned - Perhaps there's even a pet shop in Baldurs Gate?. :idea:

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:09 am 
Global Admin

Hey .. sorry to harp.
This thread should be for applications only.
Please don't post on it unless your applying. ;)

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:08 am 
BGTSCC Lead Programmer

Sorry, I was rambling.

I apply:

I have some experience scripting NWN2 script, SQL and PHP as well as area building.

Published projects are:

Wicked Magic = http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... tail&id=54
Turn Based Combat System: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=417

Also many hours spent building things in the toolset when I should have been studying law or doing chores ;)

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:25 am 

OK, I'll throw my hat into the ring.
I've played nwn2 and nwn1 since release. Mostly muliplayer. I've DMd a few private MP games and have actually been a PnP DM for more than 20 years. Yeah, I'm old. But I feel as a DM I can add a little more to this world mostly just by breaking up the monotony of grinders. I love RP and want to help involve players in more of it. A few of us have even taken to creating our own adventures in BG when DMs weren't available. I'm experienced in custom classes, custom races, and pretty good at designing custom areas as well. I've made hundreds for private MP. I've never DMd a PW but really do think I could add some of excitement to it. I'm central standard time but play quite often at odd hours. Im also pretty interested in starting an orc faction IG. That could be fun for all! Thank you for your consideration.
Tooley1Chris

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:52 am 
Global Admin

Hey Chris.. can you check out this thread.
http://www.bgtscc1.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18424

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:10 pm 

hi my name is Richard lester my account name is Azuchireserves.

im by far not the most skilled or experienced bu i have lead the creation and completion of a fully working server for nwn1 (never launched) and i have a basic ability with scripting and i am able to create simple mechanic scripting weithin conversations area triggers and tekeport scripts.

i think im more suited to a support rol.e but i also have the ground work for "work training" if desired.

havinf managed the creation of a mod myself i am fully aware that a good working team is most important to development and i am always willing to do my best.

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:04 pm 

I'll be back…………eventually.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:44 pm 

I thought I might heed the call for the need for Area Builders.

I'm not stellar at scripting (though I'm familar with C/C++ and one or two other languages) but I'm pretty good at building areas and landscapes.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:10 pm 

howdy!

been playing for a few weeks now and thought i would offer whatever help i can.

i've toyed around with both toolsets (nwn1 and nwn2) though never posted anything. it was all just me wanting to see how powerful the toolsets were and what could be done.

i'm ok with c/c++ and have been doing a fair amount of c# lately. i've also done lots of html/php/sql in past lives.

i would be happy to build or script, or work as an assistant/qa/tester for either.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:22 am 

Hey there names Matt,

I've been playing DnD since i was like 6, i know right? blame the parents, but you know i enjoyed it alot, my first time dm'ing was when i was 9 they used to call me the little rule book since i memorized all of 2nd edition rules like the back of hand, but played with 30-40 yr old men and women.
Since then i've always been creating scenarios doing campaigns and storys having tons of laughs that went on for about a yr or so (we played about every other week) but since Nwn it came out we played and built and attempted our own gameplay there as me and the guys switched from PnP to it, and had our own run in.
Soon after i got into playing on the multiplayer servers since u know work makes u busy as played in Lala Land for several years in nwn1 helping out the dm's with my player characters in their plots, and finally switched to nwn2 in the recent year as my computer spects were never good enough realy to fully enjoy it. But i love making rp as thats the whole grasp i believe in DnD always curious how the players react and grow.
But anyways outside of the background there, I've done tons of module building in nwn and getting familiar in nwn2 now, and as a baldur's gate fan i'd love to participate and help out the team with some fun relative events or plots to keep the players immersed in a crazy adventure. Will let you know when i'm used to the nwn2 builder completely (only done mostly small area creations and items / mobs so far nothing fancy) but love to show you my skills =). Let me know ever if you need it can reach me in character (Melverians / Buppi and Terayz ^.^)

Drem Carrent *7th rep for the svirf*
Floggy Drunkbin *his name says it all*
Azin'bel Fre'tona *looks dumbfoundly about*

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:44 pm 

I have played here 2 weeks and love it. I did notice you need DM help on EST evenings from 6pm -12pm as there always seems to be a huge amount of players on then.

I have Played AD&D in some form for the last 25 years. Been a PNP player and DM all the way back to 1st edition. As for Video Game experience I have been a DM, PW admin and player since NWN came out I just recently moved on to NWN2 and wish I had done so earlier.

What I can bring to the table
1) Years of experience dealing with all sorts of players and player types from all of the world
2) I have been an Admin, DM and Area builder in NWN since it came out
3) I have a notebook filled with adventure ideas I have used over and over and the players really seem to enjoy the events...I can send in a sample if needed

Offering to help is all if accepted i would begin doing random interactions with the player base until told otherwise and directed to areas where help is needed.

Thanks

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:05 pm 

Greetings and Salutations (and other things best left unmentioned...)

I am Cyron, Cy, or just plain that guy. I am here to see if the community is in need of some assistance with quests and/or conversations. I'm a scripting novice, but common sense and the NWN Lexicon make for nifty add-ons. I know how to form quests, create conversations, juggle the journal, and otherwise make those pesky citizens worth their pixels. I know how to work in a team, but can also fly solo if launched from the right sort of catapult. Most of all, though, I enjoy taking ideas and turning them into something worth being in the Forgotten Realms.

Thank you for your consideration,

-Cyron

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next